Updating SF to 3.0 engine?

The latest word is still intent, but where it fits into the schedule is anyone's guess. As a replacement for what it still a pretty good game I wouldn't even venture to guess whether sales would be similar to the original or if they would vary either above or below. I know I am anxiously looking forward to the title and hope they expand it's scope beyond the original.

Same here. The setting is awesome and the campaigns are superb.

I just finished "Point blank" in TF thunder and it is surprisingly challenging. The mission is on a "failure branch" and so didn't play it before. It is MOUT and I lack infantry. Ended up with a destroyed bradley and an immobile Abrams. But a deep flanking maneuver to the enemy's rear decimated its armor force and got a victory by surrender. Very satisfying.

With an engine upgrade it will be even better.

I downloaded the demo yesterday and took it for a spin in preparation for Black Sea. I like the setting as it differs from WWII-settings, but the game engine and graphics are dated. With an update, I would probably buy it.

Be careful rocketman ;)

The entire CMSF bundle of modules patched to completion is still an entertaining game 7+ years out! Once you get hooked on Modern... you won't let it go. Great part is not having to choose WWII or Modern when you have both in the tool kit:)

The demo is version 1.30.

Actually, the modern era kind of scares me. What I saw in Chris Twitch-broadcast with Black Sea was the potential for utter and immediate carnage. Granted a small mistake in WWII-setting is the potential for disaster, but not on the scale of the modern era. I'm sure I will enjoy it a lot. After all, it is a CM-game. But my nerves will be on end, especially for what I anticipate to be a painful learning lesson to adapt to modern era tactics.