No KV-1 tanks?

lcm1977

KV is sort'a in the game in the form of SU-152 which uses the KV-1s instead of the Stalin chassis. :)

KV-1s tanks nearly did make it into the basegame but research showed most of them were fighting someplace other than the Bagration front. Secondary fronts like Leningrad and Crimea. Which makes them a good candidate for pack or module inclusion. They'll probably show up with Russian Shermans at some future date.

Game family for every year? Not module?

As it was originally announced each year would get its own base game+multi-module family. If BFC has decided to change that policy, I am not aware of it. I do recall there was some confusion over this issue in a thread a few months back, but I've seen no official announcement of a change.

Michael

Hmm, I know BF have their reasons for this but it is annoying - how many base games will we have to own in the end! Maintaining and upgrading each one, figuring out who has what when playing PBEM.

I'd much prefer it if there was a generic East Front, West Front, Italy base game, that modules expanded through the years. It's not like they don't have the ability to select different times/theatres for the different TOEs.

It'd make maintaining the games much easier for everyone.

Either that, or having a common launcher with news feed and auto patching would go some way towards helping.

But I'm pretty sure this has been discussed many thousands of times.

Hmm, I know BF have their reasons for this but it is annoying - how many base games will we have to own in the end! Maintaining and upgrading each one, figuring out who has what when playing PBEM.

I'd much prefer it if there was a generic East Front, West Front, Italy base game, that modules expanded through the years. It's not like they don't have the ability to select different times/theatres for the different TOEs.

It'd make maintaining the games much easier for everyone.

Either that, or having a common launcher with news feed and auto patching would go some way towards helping.

But I'm pretty sure this has been discussed many thousands of times.

I'm interested in knowing as well.

I'm am in the wait as see what pops out before I buy mode now.

I know it's a small thing but there is something about that KV-1 tank that greatly interests me and I would like to drive and fight them. I know it's maybe silly but hey that's just me. I'll probably just wait until they get included in a game someday.

I suspect they may be developing an expansion for CMRT. And said expansion may contain, among other things, the KV.

Personaly I'm hoping for an early war pack that includes the BT series, naval infantry, and partisans. But I'm not letting that preclude me from enjoying a basic game that focuses exclusively on a particular area and time frame.

There were KV-1s still active in 1944 and we're sure we're not confusing them with KV-85s?

There were still Soviet units with T-26's in 1944!

Ni2nHRG.jpg

This T-26 belonging to 176th Rifle Division was destroyed in August during the battle of Ilomantsi with a Panzerfaust. What an overkill, a 149mm HEAT warhead against 15mm of steel!!!

Hopefully along with German Mark III tanks and short-barrel StuGs, which aren't in RT yet either. With those and the KV-1, we could at least jerry-rig and work-around to simulate 1943 with what's available until the series actually gets back to 1943 proper.

I am pretty sure most of those were out of service by 1944 although the Germans would have been pressing anything they could get their hands on in 1945. These would have been individual vehicles and obsolete to be kind.

Howeer I reallyy want to see Kursk as the next Russian Front family. Very unsubtle hint to BF :D

• 2 weeks later...

wouldnt hold your breath Lucas. IIRC - and I disctinctly remember Steve saying this - BFC will continue forwards on the Ost Front to End of War, then begin I assume to work its way backwards.  I assume this is because the TO&Es change less (probably at least for the Russians) and most of the late war equipment is there. I also remember a seperate post from another member of BFC or a beta tester saying the PzFaust 60 and 100s are already in the game, just inactive atm due to the time periods portrayed thus far. I mean really all the designers do is give it the ability to shoot further...