A look at the new US soldiers in Black Sea

ChrisND

Keep in mind you are looking at a screenshot from someone else's machine. Your mileage may vary. I have the good fortune to look at them on my machine. I like em.

Regardless I am sure the modders will have a field day anyway. Variety of choices is a good thing.

Good point.

This game has been in development for quite a few months and initially the Army's dithering on new uniform patterns was driving us up the wall. You wanted to tell 'em to *** or get off the pot with their darned camou pattern pick.

Last December congress called on the Pentagon to stop fielding service-specific camouflage patterns and instead develop a common pattern for the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps. That news gave us pause.

In January a single photo of a new camou patterned uniform showed up on the web and we held our breath in anticipation.

March, April. More photos,apparently of uniform pattern being worn as 'field tests'. Mid-May the Pentagon (sort of) announces the selection of a new 'transitional' (their words) camou pattern. It was described as a 'soft launch' and not an official decision. Sigh.

Time passes. Reports of money battles with the company that generated the camou scheme. End of June - still no formal announcement. this is torture!

Finally - the end of July - the Army does an end-run around the company owning the pattern by adjusting their own four year old 'Scorpion' pattern to (almost) match.

In August the army at last issues official quality photos of the new uniform.

And that is why textures for the new uniforms only made it into the game this week. :D

Oh, and here's our favorite shot of the new camou pattern (or perhaps Scorpion) in action. Nothing says 'camouflage' like a fourescent yellow school crossing guard sash! :D

patrolreflect-750x400_zps4c758014.jpg~original

Show us some Russian soliders please! We have been seeing US infantry since CMSF, we know how they look like ;)

If you have been struggling with US uniforms I can only imagine what you have been going through with the Russian ones. It seems like whenever you see a picture of Russian soldiers it's a different uniform or some mix between two or three uniforms. Somethime whole units have balaclavas and sometimes they wear bandanas!

Maybe with Ratnik they will finally have same type of uniform but somehow I doubt it. It seem like a typical Russian soldier will make his own uniform once in field. Camo pants with tracksuit jacket and Adidas sneakers along with a green bandana and Ray Bans. Thank god we have Modders! :)

Oh, and here's our favorite shot of the new camou pattern (or perhaps Scorpion) in action. Nothing says 'camouflage' like a fourescent yellow school crossing guard sash! :D

patrolreflect-750x400_zps4c758014.jpg~original

That's Multicam OCP, which has been in use in Afghanistan for years now, but people will be hard pressed to spot the differences between that and the new Skorpion W2 OCP pattern.