Pizza, Gamers & Health

John Kettler

For gamers here in the States, at least, pizza is a favorite gaming adjunct. It's generally consumed during or after the game, particularly when in a social situation--where great quantities disappear in short order. The valuable information at this link may cause many to take a hard look maybe not at pizza per se, but whence it comes. I was hankering for pizza today, and in my search for the best chain pizza, found this, which cost Dominos a sale. I believe this link to be within Forum Rules, for it's information and offers no competing games.

Nor is the below author's name hype.

If You’ve Ever Eaten Pizza Before, This Will Blow Your Mind (Maybe Literally)

By Food Babe

http://foodbabe.com/2014/03/23/if-youve-ever-eaten-pizza-before-this-will-blow-your-mind/

Regards,

John Kettler

152mmDumbRocket (Great Handle!),

Am not clear whether you're referring to her post, the superfluity of responses she got, or both. I saw a news segment a few years ago that addressed some of the issues she did ref major chain pizza ingredients. That station had pizza ingredient pre-made packaging pics secretly shot by a former worker at one such place, Papa John's. It gave the lie to several claims. The investigative reporter found similar problems at other chains' stores, too. She presents a lot of information in one place which help people make informed decisions about their pizza. Where I live, there is an Italian place, owned by a Middle Eastern guy, which makes everything from scratch. That pizza is phenomenal. Food chemistry is no substitute for real, nutritious food, and I find it perverse for the chains to claim something is natural when it apparently escaped the lab! Here's an earlier piece on Papa John's policy of refusing to talk about its pizza ingredients. And the piece is from a well established news source, not a food activist who became one because doing things the old way got her hospitalized!

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/papa-john-doesn-article-1.1427130

Her story and her numerous successes in organizing healthy change in foods major firms sell to the public.

http://foodbabe.com/about-me/

Regards,

John Kettler

PS

Forgot to say that I've had a girlfriend who was allergic to MSG, and hiding it from the public's awareness thus poses a serious health threat.