Sign in to follow this  
152mmDumbRocket

Valve Flagrantly Violates Sherman Antitrust Act

http://alienbabeltech.com/abt/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=33165

I discuss the violation in full here. Ignore the ignoramuses who can’t understand the kindergarten math that if someone sells for less than Steam, then Steam is selling higher and running afoul of Valve’s new policy.

Here are the guidelines for antitrust reporting: http://www.justice.gov/atr/contact/newcase.html

Here's what's going on. Valve released a new Early Access policy recently. It is in response to price gouging by scam websites. But instead of restricting maximum prices of early access on other websites, they prohibit anyone selling early access games for lower than Steam.

I thought Steam was optional. Are companies forced to sell through their marketplace? Does this restriction apply to companies who choose direct sale only as their delivery and sales methodology?

I thought Steam was optional. Are companies forced to sell through their marketplace? Does this restriction apply to companies who choose direct sale only as their delivery and sales methodology?
It's not optional when Steam holds ~80% of PC gaming marketshare. I believe the restriction applies to those who use Steam, and as I said, that's not optional anymore. The gamers voted with their wallets and said they wanted a monopoly. Look what it's gotten you. It's gotten the Order of War: Challenge multiplayer community raped by Valve. And the tech press covered it up, ensuring that it only broke in Forbes and only received 1 report by a tech press member months later.