Coming soon.

I had originally wanted to have player get to choose from 2 different start off battles, almost everything different (maps, axis side, allied side).

But due to time constraints, I now will offer 2 different battles but on same terrain.

So I wanted to portray 2 ranges of enemy opposition, a green unit (91st) and a veteran unit (3rd).

I had originally wanted to have player get to choose from 2 different start off battles, almost everything different (maps, axis side, allied side).

But due to time constraints, I now will offer 2 different battles but on same terrain.

So I wanted to portray 2 ranges of enemy opposition, a green unit (91st) and a veteran unit (3rd).

Got it. I just noticed that you changed the German units as well. Neat concept. Good luck with it. Thanks for developing.

I have a plan ... of sorts ... the boys are on the march ...

This will be a very pleasant landscape to battle in ... snow on the ground - not a flower in sight. Dark and Wintery ... quite a relief ! (nice work on the map's look)

Just hoping my Mark IV Winter mod will kick in for the Panzers when the time comes ... otherwise could throw off the atmosphere ....

Will let you know ...

Severian,

My vehicle modding experience is very limited. 1 humble US Army half-track. "Daisy" in snow camo! :D

shot27_zpsc08d38ec.jpg

My personal opinion from viewing a few books on german panzers in the Ardennes 1944 is that they seemed to NOT have so much whitewash or white paint. They seemed to be in 3 color schemes. But the US army did get out the white wash a bit.

My opinion so far ....

- Challenging scenario that demands correct coordination of combined arms ....

- It's on a dark Winter map (I play the theme from John Carpenter's The Thing in the background during this one - give it a try - it's great for the atmosphere ... )

- My FO has gone completely snow blind ;)

What's not to like?

Nothing associated with the scenario design .... need to investigate why the Winter white wash mod does not apply to one of the Mark IV models however .... As Kohlenkau suggested in PM, this may be a file name matching thing with the mod .... maybe renaming the .bmp file will fix it .... we'll see ....

This campaign making is a lot of fun. I just wish I had a young female secretary in a short skirt to keep me better organized.

It is now 1620, 25 December 1943. You are holding the small town of San Severiano on the left flank of the main attack. Weather: cold, light snow on the ground, strong wind from the north, there is a light fog.

^

Hold San Severiano and prevent any enemy forces from cutting into the flanks of the main attack.

^

You have a mixed force of approximately reinforced platoon size with leg infantry from the 715th Infantry Division and a few panzer grenadiers awaiting vehicle repairs. Ammunition is in low supply.

^

The latrine rumor is that a British Unit will be attacking any minute. Tanks and infantry.

^

Defend the town. Prevent the enemy from pressing on to the south.

^

Objective: Hold San Severiano: 1000 points.

Well, don't break-out the champagne yet...I busted my deadline of today!  :(

But it is only a few more days! And really my fictional offensive starts on 12/25 not the Bulge's 12/16.

So, I guess I shouldn't be held too accountable. :D

<handed blindfold and cigarette...stood against pockmarked wall.....Ready! Aim! Fire! >

Some feedback on battle '2A'.

*****S P O I L E R*******

Had a bad start forgetting ALT-B was on (nightime brightness) so thinking visibility was much better than it was, doh!

Aproached the first line of defence with my Company spread out evenly. Got entangled with the well dug in defenders and took heavy casualties.

My Pz IV's arrived and I had a steep learning curve getting them down the narrow sloped road with little room on either side for manoevre.

Ran straight in to the ATG by the hidden objective and lost my first vehicle. Then after capturing 'A warm place to hide' and bringing my tanks along I ran out of time (43 minutes).

So I never got to engage the 'Ariso' town defences or U.S. Tank destroyers.

Major defeat!

Going try again (with hindsight)!

More time needed perhaps 60 minutes?

Thanks for scenario Kohlenklau :)

When I make a million dollars I will build an extra building on my property to house a playtesting facility. The playtester will be flown here under contract and housed in regal style and be at my ready use!

A sultry female voice on the PA system will announce "Mr. Severian please report to the playtesters' cigar lounge for debrieifng." I am sorry if he'd have to cut the massage short...  :D

I am trying to craft some real sweet scenarios for you guys!  I find that the shorter scenarios are easy to play test myself and can be tweaked again and again until they are releasable. So far, this campaign has battles like this: 50 or 60 minute, 30 minute, 15 minute, 10 minute, 10 minute. Finishing up a 20 minute battle. Tonight I do the grand final battle, another 60 minute battle.

I already posted that I got an awesome new machine for my 50th Birthday. It loads those huge maps like a hot knife through butter. I will restrain myself from making a ginormous battle in this campaign! (I was eyeballing "The Forest of Wild Beasts"!! ). It is hell to play test and tweak without assistance.