Coming soon.

Chronologically, you are here in December 43 commanding a company sized group and then by June 44 you have an entire korps! Upward mobility in the Wehrmacht!

Well, I approached this campaign with the desire to see it get released before the early third of December and not drag on and on. So I am using stock maps but with tweaks. Scenarios I can write and don't want to ruin the surprises for you and too many others.

Maybe we should talk on the phone and share some ideas. Still have my number? I can talk now for a bit.

Things are cranking along real well. I have tested most of the battles in the campaign mode. :D

I love when the house smells like freshly baking scenarios!

Amateur map maker opportunity to learn...

If you want to try and make a small 208m x 208m map, let me know by PM.

It is just a straight west to east road in the winter snow conditions. You can try your artistic hand and get credits in the campaign designer's notes.

It is shaping up but I need to fix the numbering...

Battle 1 Player Choice:

Battle 2A north of Ariso

<<or>>

Battle 2B north of Bruso di Novanta with Tigers (bigger battle).

Battle 7 Operation Strauss (night airborne drop random die roll for drop results)

Battle 8A

<<or>>

Battle 8B

Battle 3 Player choice: How to seize a bridge

Battle 3A Lt Brandenberg's idea...

<<or>>

Battle 3B Lt Grabner's idea...

Battle 9 Random die roll for weather.

Battle 9A: sun busts through the clouds

<<or>>

Battle 9B: overcast

Battle 5: Flank battle against counterattacks

<<Possible battle based on outcomes of previous battles.>>

Battle X: Final Battle

I hope to have it out in the next week or so!

Hey buddy, it is the end of the year and my budget is totally shot for historical accuracy. No money left for AIS/GIS laser mapping, researchers on per diem walking around fields and alleyways with tape measures and interviewing old people, leafing through the Bundesarchiv while sipping their Jacobs Kronung....

Maybe next year! :D

Hey buddy, it is the end of the year and my budget is totally shot for historical accuracy. No money left for AIS/GIS laser mapping, researchers on per diem walking around fields and alleyways with tape measures and interviewing old people, leafing through the Bundesarchiv while sipping their Jacobs Kronung....

Maybe next year! :D

A missed opportunity to have crowd funded your Italian vacation....

My battle specs design criteria has been:

60 minutes max.

1+ company of infantry on each side.

max of 2 platoons of vehicles on each side.

max of 8 tubes on each side including mortars.

maps have been in the 300 x 750 range.

A few battles will be even a bit smaller and shorter.

But the final Grand Crescendo "Battle X" will be bigger and longer.

Only what is left of your core units will be available. So you will be held accountable if you took excessive losses earlier. And the course of events based on player skill and some randomness will also drive the resupply, replenishment and refit rates.

I should have it all finished by the end of this next weekend and then some final playtests and tweaks to fix issues from feedback.

Goal is to have posted by December 16th.... :D

PM me your e-mail and I will share a dropbox and you can try the campaign. But act quick, headed out the door and might miss you...

EDIT: Ian, headed out on a business trip and will be back on Wednesday. I will explain via PM.

LOL I was looking the other way and did not see this. That's OK though your PM was very enlightening and answered my question. A much as I would love to say I'll test your campaign I really do not have time to do that right now.

Once again, PM me if you have any interesting ideas or suggestions and if I use them, I will give you credit in the designer's notes. So far nothing at all.

Also once again,

Amateur map maker opportunity to learn...

If you want to make a small 208m x 208m map, let me know by PM.

It is just a straight west to east road in the winter snow conditions. You can try your artistic hand with the map editor to make it fancy with flavor objects and get credits in the campaign designer's notes.

I could use a few more playtesters! PM me if you want to try the draft campaign or a single battle. But I do need the feedback. Preferably players who have made a scenario or 2 and can give me some constructive criticism.

One of the problems with the light fog is that I don't see that the game actually shows the reduced visibility graphically you just get these bump right into the enemy situations. Anyone ever had this problem? What are some suggestions? I want the fog or mist. I like that I don't have long range LOS, it seems wintery. :D

But maybe now the visibility is too limited?

I am stuck on a problem with AI fire support. I know they only get one area to bombard as indirect fire which is not the problem. My problem is I am trying to delay any AI defensive fire support until about 10:00 to reflect a response to the axis attack.

But can't seem to make that work. I tried AI orders to hide until 10:00. I tried bringing mortars as R groups at 10:00. I either get mortars firing at start or they never fire.

EDIT: Never mind, I see that the indirect fire without LOS is only available for the start as a preplanned mission. After that it must be in LOS of a valid spotter. Now that I have mist I don't think I will have any LOS to the area I wanted to suppress.

2nd EDIT: Just tried giving them some TRP's but that didn't work either...

shot122_zpsc1425c63.jpg

RapidoTacMapBattle2A_zps093c59d0.jpg

Due to time constraints, the original 2 battle option has been slightly reduced in scope.

:D

Player Participation

The purpose of this battle is for you to select from 2 options on the forces involved in the initial breakthrough attack. Both options take place just to the west of Ariso, a small village in the foothills of the Ardennio mountains. The terrain here is rough and the dirt roads are very narrow with many switchbacks.

Option A.

40 minute battle. Patrols report your attack sector would be through a green American unit. You would initially attack with a company of grenadiers from the 715th Infantry Division supported by a battery of 105mm. The spitze (spearhead) of 26th Panzer Division's Kampfgruppe Von Wenman would begin to arrive at around the 20 minute mark. The objective would be to exit the Spitze vehicles off the map. The spitze is composed of a platoon of MKIV tanks, a platoon of Panzer Pioneers in half-tracks along with a self-propelled FlakVierling quad 20mm AA gun.

Option B.

60 minute battle. Patrols report your attack sector is defended by a veteran American unit. You would initially attack with a reinforced company of the famous Infantry Lehr Regiment supported by mortars and nebelwerfers. The spitze (spearhead) of schwere Panzer Abteilung 508's Kampfgruppe Von Burke would begin to arrive at around the 30 minute mark. The objective would be to exit the Spitze vehicles off the map. The spitze is composed of a platoon of Tiger tanks, a platoon of Panzer Grenadiers in half-tracks along with a section of engineers in a half-track and a self-propelled AA gun.

If you choose option A, proceed to the objective and select ceasefire after arrival.

If you choose option B, remain in place and select ceasefire.