Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Kulin

Vehicle Pack = Patch 3.11?

Is the zip file for the Vehicle Pack identical to the Version 3.11 Zip File????

I have downloaded both the pack and the patch and they do appear to be identical. Before I do anything with these I just want confirmation that nothing is awry at the download site (i.e., as in the person administering the web-site did not accidentally link the same file to two different download links).

And if both the pack and the patch are actually all in the same download zip file then how do I install given all the convoluted instructions out there? I am at Version 3.0 (2.20) and have temporarily moved all Mods out of the CMBN game file directory. Will set-up program be smart enough to figure out the correct order?

Thanks,

No they are not. For one thing, the 3.11 patch contains the normandy v311.brz file, the Pack does not. Even some of the files that are named the same are different. For example, the CMBN_Setup.exe file in the Pack is size 694,224. The CMBN_Setup.exe file in the patch is 695,168.

This is for the PC. If you're talking about the Mac version then I have no idea.

Well, I re downloaded both this morning. Here are a couple of screen captures.

1st one shows the download screen for the Pack.

Second capture shows the two zip files. The zip file on the left is the one that I got after downloading the Pack (pressed download shown on the first screen capture). The zip file on the right is the 3.11 Patch file. They are identical.

post-12542-141867625813_thumb.jpg

post-12542-141867625814_thumb.jpg

My vehicle pack doesn't contain the 'normandy v311.brz' file, and the sizes of the 'CMBN_Setup.exe' and -1a.bin files are slightly different.

You may run some binary compare utility or MD5 hash tool to see which files are really the same.

The 3.11 patch download instructions mentioned that you might skip files that you already have, but I wanted to be sure and downloaded all of them.

As I have stated, and the screen captures are showing, the two zip files are identical. The Set-up executable file size matches with what Vanir says is the file size found in the patch (in both zip files).

Has anyone tried downloading the Vehicle Pack today and getting the correct files? I am stumped.

I guess that when you install the patch and enter the Vehicle Pack license key, it will appear.

This would mean that in the future - correction: from now on - one would only have to buy a license key to activate packs or modules. The content will already be included in the base game plus patches.

Which was the ultimate purpose of this whole re-licensing operetta.

I just purchased the vehicle pack and installed about half hour ago. I had not applied any upgrades (beyond 3.0). After installing the vehicle pack I was at 3.10 (checked the start-up screen as I had read this thread prior to my install). Went back and installed 3.11 - and now up to date.

dw - Did your Zip files for the Pack look exactly like the ones I posted?

Because what I am getting is:

download 3.11 patch, get 3.11 patch files

download vehicle pack, get 3.11 patch files

If the vehicle pack and the 3.11 patch are now combined into a single download file, nowhere does it say on the web site that this is so, and I am loathe to install the 3.11 patch first, only to find that I cannot load the vehicle pack w/o having to reinstall everything again.

dw - Did your Zip files for the Pack look exactly like the ones I posted?

Because what I am getting is:

download 3.11 patch, get 3.11 patch files

download vehicle pack, get 3.11 patch files

If the vehicle pack and the 3.11 patch are now combined into a single download file, nowhere does it say on the web site that this is so, and I am loathe to install the 3.11 patch first, only to find that I cannot load the vehicle pack w/o having to reinstall everything again.

Copy your whole CMBN directory to a backup position.

Try to install.

In case of problems delete the CMBN directory and put the copy back.

That way you are back to where you were before trying.

Sign in to follow this