gruntsmart

PBEM games crashing at 26%

I sent an email to phil with a number of turns from a recent game that had the error. The trick listed earlier of using a 1.0 install to play a 28% loading crash turn DOES work. subsequent turns were then able to be played in 1.02.

Another player with the same problem!

PBEM, 26%.

I was able to play several turns without any problems after the upgrade to 1.02, but today is impossible.

The game staterd with 1.01 version.

Let me know if you need more information.

I had a saved game fail around 26 percent today. had the patch since it arrived. scenario designed and played with patch. not an email game but a QB scenario design test. Previous saved files from earlier in the battle load fine. the battle is just starting to heat up aka lots of calculations. ... inf company vs inf company.

I upgraded the game today and every single scenario, including multiplayer play by email, crashes at 26%.

When you say every single scenario, what do you mean? Are you playing using different game modes, or only PBEM? Are you playing real-time, TCP, turn-based? So far we've only seen this reported with PBEM - if you're crashing at 26% on *everything* you may have a different problem.

Is there a fix???? I don't want to reinstall but everything is crashing.

We're working on it. Thanks to everyone who shared files with me over the weekend.

When you say every single scenario, what do you mean? Are you playing using different game modes, or only PBEM? Are you playing real-time, TCP, turn-based? So far we've only seen this reported with PBEM - if you're crashing at 26% on *everything* you may have a different problem.

We're working on it. Thanks to everyone who shared files with me over the weekend.

Phil, for a more coherent response ha. I tried to play for a couple hours Sunday and here were my findings. Once I tried to load a PBEM game the game would crash at 26%. I could then no longer load any single player games, saved or new, until I restarted Red Thunder. When I tried to load another PBEM game the same thing occurs.

Hope this helps!

Phil ... I can send my files if more is better. My experience is non email, turn based vs the AI. I was testing my programed AI via a QB. Finished the battle this morning - 20 turns. But I avoided opening a saved file except for the last one that worked. Comparing loading and non loading files from the same battle all using 1.01 might be helpful

Kevin

I have also the same error, the game stops at 26% charge after a while the message

" out of memory ". The game begun in version 1.00, a few rounds of version 1.02 and the problem.

The second game begun in version 1.02, we have 014 file and without problems.

Phil ... I can send my files if more is better. My experience is non email, turn based vs the AI. I was testing my programed AI via a QB. Finished the battle this morning - 20 turns. But I avoided opening a saved file except for the last one that worked. Comparing loading and non loading files from the same battle all using 1.01 might be helpful

Kevin

Agreed. Yes, please, send me your saves when you get a chance, thanks.

When you guys say you're "playing the turn in 1.0" do you mean that:

1) Your opponent generates a turn in 1.02.

1) You receive it.

2) The turn crashes when you try to load it in 1.02.

3) The same turn does NOT crash when you try to load it in 1.0.

I tried loading a crashing turn in CMRT 1.0 and it still crashed.

When you guys say you're "playing the turn in 1.0" do you mean that:

1) Your opponent generates a turn in 1.02.

1) You receive it.

2) The turn crashes when you try to load it in 1.02.

3) The same turn does NOT crash when you try to load it in 1.0.

I tried loading a crashing turn in CMRT 1.0 and it still crashed.

You described it exactly as I meant it.

For the avoidance of doubt...

If a turn generated using 1.02 crashes when loaded into 1.02 it will also crash when loaded into 1.00.

However if you go back and generate the "same" turn in 1.00 it will not crash 1.02 or 1.00. At that point presumably the rest of the battle could be fought with 1.00 but using 1.02 may generate another turn that causes a crash.

Thanks. If you use 1.01 to generate the same turn, does it make a difference? Does only 1.00 work?

Hi all

I read about this "Down patching" meaning removing patches, so you can play the turns again.

Does this mean reinstaling the game in an other location ( and using a precious activation ) or is there some other way?

Best regards

Morten

Same problem here...PBEM started in v1.02 for both players hangs up at 26% on turn 004. Before that we had same problem after upgrading with PBEM game in progress. We tried with no success to salvage that game, we hoped starting over in latest version everything would be fine but not so. Now we are hoping for a fix to this bug.