When?

Understood...but I don't think BFC is necessarily bound to that pattern. The reason being that their sales are not so much the "grab it as soon as it comes out" type. Of a certainty there is some of that as we see on the board, but I suspect that the bulk of their sales come in a more measured pace, long term. Thus, the precise timing of releases matters less because those buyers will show up when they will.

Michael

I'm telling you that this is different and you have to understand the current economy and the season.

You have to think with the times. Observe and redo your plan constantly. Don't rely on old data. This is 2014. This is a new age of business.

edit: This also obviously means it's not being released before Christmas. It's a shame because really this would be bought as a gift for lots of people and you're missing out on that income :/

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have made it clear that various form of final artwork are'n't in yet. That means you can't even start the final round of release candidate testing yet, because things aren't ,uhmm, final. A lot of their beta testing is done by volunteers who are about to get hit with the usual family obligations around this time of year. I am currently betting on the second week in January. I would of course love to be wrong.

They have made it clear that various form of final artwork are'n't in yet. That means you can't even start the final round of release candidate testing yet, because things aren't ,uhmm, final. A lot of their beta testing is done by volunteers who are about to get hit with the usual family obligations around this time of year. I am currently betting on the second week in January. I would of course love to be wrong.

My guess would be early March. Wonder if BF would agree to run a sweepstake. Free copy to whoever makes the most accurate guess as to the release date. I wish! :D

But it could add some fun to the usual round of "is it ready!" :D

So many pessimists - it would be crazy to release after Christmas.

It extends the delay into the new year, before work will even restarts and all games I am sure sell most at release and then tail off over time. So commerically it makes sense to get it released and then patch 1.01 in the new year to tidy things up.

So many pessimists - it would be crazy to release after Christmas.

It extends the delay into the new year, before work will even restarts and all games I am sure sell most at release and then tail off over time. So commerically it makes sense to get it released and then patch 1.01 in the new year to tidy things up.

They had a bad experience doing similar with Shock Force.

I would reckon it releases tomorrow. Enough time for a pre-Christmas-Patch if necessary and Battlefront would be right on time for Christmas shoppers :D

We'll see. John Tiller will entertain me in the holidays if necessary.

I wish. I would certainly forcibly remove my ***** from my body with sharp tugs of the hand if I got back from a crap day at work tomorow and it was on sale.

I wish. I would certainly forcibly remove my ***** from my body with sharp tugs of the hand if I got back from a crap day at work tomorow and it was on sale.

You and me both. I don't work but i'm having a ****ty relapse with my multiple sclerosis so this would be the only good thing to happen for me this week.

Also the Steam sale is coming up, so even less money for people who want to buy the game. And for those people saying that people on Steam don't buy these types of games: Look at the success that Matrix/Slitherine and the Graviteam folks have been having by introducing their games there... something I wish Battlefront would consider and something I suggested a long time ago (And I did with Matrix/Slitherine, and they finally listened. They're welcome ;p) because they would get a lot more money by introducing their games to an audience of millions.

But... /shrug... lets just have BS release before Christmas... with no BS ;)

You and me both. I don't work but i'm having a ****ty relapse with my multiple sclerosis so this would be the only good thing to happen for me this week.

Sorry to hear that an, my stepfather suffers from MS.

As to Steam, without knowing the sales/revenue figures we can't judge if sales on Steam are effective for Slitherine or not. *shrug* I wish them the best though, more options is good.

Aye the steam christmas sales are always welcome to pick up previously overly priced games that one might be slightly interested in playing.

I picked up several DCS titles last time which I have enormously enjoyed.

But aye - I would like to see CMBS before christmas, you know so I can actually enjoy the game during my time off and not during miserably brief post-work sessions.

As to Steam, without knowing the sales/revenue figures we can't judge if sales on Steam are effective for Slitherine or not. *shrug* I wish them the best though, more options is good.

I think we can. To put it bluntly, Steam can't be any worse than hoping people will stumble upon your obscure website and will hopefully buy overpriced games. No disrespect intended to them. I think there's a good reason why Slitherine is now pushing to release their games on Steam.

I think we can. To put it bluntly, Steam can't be any worse than hoping people will stumble upon your obscure website and will hopefully buy overpriced games. No disrespect intended to them. I think there's a good reason why Slitherine is now pushing to release their games on Steam.

Agreed BlackAlpha, however we have had this conversations many times recently and the simple answer is always no, maybe sometime in the future, but it certainly won't happen right now.

Very dangerous to change a business model that works.

While it would no doubt drive extra sales, with steam taking there cut and potentially having to lower prices overall to match the more mainstream steam pricing would BF be better off? And also would they be able to move away from steam back to there old model if it was not working out?

Very dangerous to change a business model that works.

While it would no doubt drive extra sales, with steam taking there cut and potentially having to lower prices overall to match the more mainstream steam pricing would BF be better off? And also would they be able to move away from steam back to there old model if it was not working out?

Slitherine and Matrix keep there games pricing the same on Steam and on there own websites. (except Steam once made a mistake and discounted a game, hopefully it won't happen again) This has caused some flak from Steam users but Slitherine/Matrix have reported better than expected sales on Steam.

I apologize for continuing this, this is the last comment I will be making on the subject.

Aaaoooohhhhhhhh!!

Honestly for all the remarks about us old guys etc etc I actually work in IT on some very cool edge communications stuff. I still don't buy into the steam argument just as I don't buy into the social media hype to share intimate details of my life every 5 minutes with 50 million people. This generation needs to stop watching the Kardashians thinking that is something worthy of emulating.

Now where did I leave my walker?