Black Sea terrain, walls, flavor objects etc.

Mord

Are we gonna see anything like chain link fences, tall wooden fences, guard rails, things like that to give the surroundings a more modern feel? It's getting to the point where the trappings over the series are all starting to feel the same. Some updated stuff like those mentioned above would be nice.

Mord.

Well, for modern terrain you've got a tile for 'hot top' asphalt for airports and parking lots and such. For city streets you've got poured concrete sidewalks. Building facades have modern day siding and electrical wiring and such - including proper Ukrainian-specific mailboxes and building numbers. Favor objects. Oh... a tractor, fork lift, pallet lifter. Currently we've got very cool 'jersey barrier' style concrete road barriers in the game though that object's still on probation. If it misbehaves during gameplay it gets yanked. And lotsa other stuff. I just now discovered that the CMRT dead cow flavor object survived! :)

Mord's right, in order to have a concrete modern looking we really need modern elements, something that can be recognized.

The new road bridges surely add a very modern feeling, not a case they were showcased with the first screenshots. But more is needed.

Flat roofs allow for modern structures, but in the end it's up to the facades.

As all stressed out, cars would be very useful. I understand there are no irregular units in game, such as in CMSF, but those two vehicles in the old game, the pickup and the taxi, just let you add those environmental details that really gave the setting a modern and living feeling. I hope these two vehicles could be added as flavors and I belive importing them from CMSF should not be a huge task.

If we are going to have Tiles for a parking lot we desperately need something to put inside it, no civilian vehicle sof any sort would lead to ghost towns, and all buildings would in the end look like training sites (they add cars to real training sites too!)

Playing a game set in eastern europe without the chance to ever see a car/car wreck/abandoned civilian vehicle of any sort would be quite odd in my opinion.

The Hesco barriers would be nice to have. If I am calling them by the correct name. Those big containers that were filled with sand and dirt with a front end loader and used to protect Forward Operating Bases etc.. I think we use some version of those here in the Midwest when the Mississippi floods.

US isn't really getting much by way of 'occupation' equipment. I recall Steve purposefully kept it out of CMSF too. Occupation and policing is a different tactical situation than the type of combat we're simulating. Not even Ukrainians are being given bunkers, last I checked. With the caliber of weapons used (in both sense of the term) you might as well just call them 'Burial Chambers'.

Hmm, given the differences I have seen several defensive works within the actual ukraine war, I hope they will be introduced with future modules.

As regarding modern FOB defences, I belive some would find a correct place even in CMBS base game, as any engineer unit would be able to arrange such defenses for an FOB in few days.

US isn't really getting much by way of 'occupation' equipment. I recall Steve purposefully kept it out of CMSF too. Occupation and policing is a different tactical situation.

I guess with two modern conventional forces going at it the Hesco barriers might not be all that significant. I hope they release a module with unconventional forces down the road. Then there would be all kinds of potential uses for the Hesco barriers. (and non-combatants) :D

You can't make a game about Ukraine without ZAZ-1102 "Tavria" car! :)

Seriously, as far as I know Ukrainian officers and soldiers rarely use UAZ, usually civilian cars, their own or "mobilised" from locals.

+1 for cars. I may help with list of most common. )

What does that mean?

Cable. Internet. Phone. You'd be hard pressed to find a house anywhere in the world these days without wires snaking up the side and a meter reader box attached. A simple graphical representation of an electrical meter box helps anchor the building in the present.

Oh, and not an hour ago fresh flavor object 'poster' art was delivered for the game. Modern day advertisements for karaoke night at the local bar and pizza at the local Italian food joint - all in Ukrainian Cyrillic, of course. :)

Cable. Internet. Phone. You'd be hard pressed to find a house anywhere in the world these days without wires snaking up the side and a meter reader box attached. A simple graphical representation of an electrical meter box helps anchor the building in the present.

Gotchya. Wasn't sure if you meant wires going into the houses from power lines and all that.

Oh, and not an hour ago fresh flavor object 'poster' art was delivered for the game. Modern day advertisements for karaoke night at the local bar and pizza at the local Italian food joint - all in Ukrainian Cyrillic, of course. :)

That sounds cool.

Mord.