Sign in to follow this  
ridethe415

3.11 Vehicles with wrong names

Just upgraded to 3.11.

Playing Market Garden. Mac.

All vehicle type names are wrong. Brit tanks are spw 251 or 251/16. Daimler is an armored rifle, etc

It has nothing to do with mods. I removed them and get the same result.

Squad names are weird also.

Pix below

daimler1.png

panther1.png

tank4.png

tank3a.png

You either have a mod active that modifies strings.txt (e.g. Vinnart's mod) or your game is not installed correctly. Did you follow the 3.11 installation instructions exactly?

Ok something is wrong here.

I moved CMBN to the desktop and just reinstalled all of CMBN and the modules starting from 1.11, added all the patches and launched each time. The names of the vehicles are fine, until I add the 3.11 patch.

Ok something is wrong here.

I moved CMBN to the desktop and just reinstalled all of CMBN and the modules starting from 1.11, added all the patches and launched each time. The names of the vehicles are fine, until I add the 3.11 patch.

you should have 21 brz files, how many do you have?

Normandy v100A

Normandy v100B

Normandy v100E

Normandy v101

Normandy v110 Commonwealth

Normandy v110

Normandy v111

Normandy v200

Normandy v201

Normandy v210 market garden a

Normandy v200 market garden b

Normandy v210

Normandy v211

Normandy v212

Normandy v220

Normandy v230 vehicle pack

Normandy v230

Normandy v310 vehicle pack

Normandy v310

Normandy v311

Do you have the Vehicle Pack installed?

When you downloaded the 3.11 patch did you download all of the files?

There was only the one zip file. This is for the Mac.

you should have 21 brz files, how many do you have?

Normandy v100A

Normandy v100B

Normandy v100E

Normandy v101

Normandy v110 Commonwealth

Normandy v110

Normandy v111

Normandy v200

Normandy v201

Normandy v210 market garden a

Normandy v200 market garden b

Normandy v210

Normandy v211

Normandy v212

Normandy v220

Normandy v230 vehicle pack

Normandy v230

Normandy v310 vehicle pack

Normandy v310

Normandy v311

I don't have have the vehicle packs. I also don't have

V101

V230

V310

This is weird. How can I have 3.11 but not 3.10?

I just re-ran the 3.10 patch as it wasn't showing in the folder. It still doesn't show in the folder after re-running it.

The game screen says game engine 3.0 v2.20. How can that be?

AND..the quick battle interface is totally screwed up.

Here is the attacker dropdown

QB screen2.png

well I am not positive about 101. 111 is supposed to be all inclusive, but I have 101 and it is from the bulk installer, not running a patch separately.

311 is supposed to be all inclusive after the 3.0 upgrade so maybe 310 is no longer needed...

did you load the 2.12 patch? I think that is where 230 comes from.

It also almost sounds like you ran the 3.0 update over the vehicle pack.

"The game screen says game engine 3.0 v2.20" - is basically 3.0 upgrade.

If it were me, I'd run the 3.0 update and then the 3.11 patch....and then I'd contact the helpdesk if you still see this.

Everything you have going wrong is typical behavior if you are missing a brz so I think the resolution will be simple one way or the other.

I think I left the mods in the z folder when I installed the game...I guess you can't uninstall the patch. I probably have to reinstall everything?

Leaving the mod folder in during installation won't do anything. Running the game with an incompatible mod in the mod folder will cause problems, but that would be fixed by taking the mod folder out.

I'm having the same problem as the original poster. All the names for squads vehicles, etc are wrong. I have the 3.0 update but not the vehicle pack and I'm on a Mac with Yosemite OS (noticed on the 3.11 install page it does not mention Yosemite).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have the same problem. I just re-installed everything from scratch checking each version with the same scenario. Everything was fine until I installed the 3.11 update. I'm running Yosemite 10.10.1. I've been having problems since this update came out.

John on the help desk helped me out but I noticed the names were messed so I just did a full re-install and this is now showing up.

I submitted a ticket. I don't think it is an OS issue, I'm on 10.7.5 (I know...I know...too freaked to upgrade)

Here is what I have found. I reinstalled everything from the beginning.

Install CMBN 1.0

Install Patch 1.11

Install CMCW

Install Patch 2.0

Install CMMG

Install patch 2.12

Install patch 3.0

Here is where it gets weird, at least currently.

The game screen says Game Engine 3.0, version 2.20. But there is no 3.10.brz file in the data folder and there should be. At this point the game works like it did yesterday, pre patch

I run the 3.11 patch and it installs the 3.11 brz file, but there still is no 3.10 brz, which tech support said I need.

So either something is wrong with the 3.0 patch or the 3.11 patch.

What I have done is move the game to the desktop after installing the 3.0 patch. At least I have a good game there. The bad game is still in the applications folder until they figure out stuff.

Some of the unit names don't even look like they are from CMBN. And the Quick Battle menu is totally whacked.

So that's how I spent 5 hours on my day off. :confused:

Yeah, QB menu is all wonky after the 311 patch. And brz files just for reference:

Normandy v100A.brz

Normandy v100B.brz

Normandy v100E.brz

Normandy v110 Commonwealth.brz

Normandy v110.brz

Normandy v200 Commonwealth.brz

Normandy v200.brz

Normandy v201.brz

normandy v210 market garden a.brz

normandy v210 market garden b.brz

normandy v210.brz

Normandy v211.brz

Normandy v212.brz

Normandy v220.brz

normandy v311.brz

Can I get an "Urrah!" for having a time Machine backup from yesterday? Patching undone.

Same problems as OP. Update also erased VP from my data folder. I reinstalled VP and VP erased new update, but now the names are ok. I think installing VP also affect hotkey list / command. I have to correct it manually. So I'll stick with 3.10....

Sign in to follow this