Sign in to follow this  
Strachwitz

3.11 Upgrade Mac

I have multiple problems with activation the 3.11 upgrade on Mac. To verify if my update to version 3.11 is correct could someone please write me what actually has to be displayed in the main screen of the game?

Right now it states v2.20 Game Engine 3. Is this correct? What is displayed on your main screen after the update to 3.11?

Thanks in advance for any replies....

I have multiple problems with activation the 3.11 upgrade on Mac. To verify if my update to version 3.11 is correct could someone please write me what actually has to be displayed in the main screen of the game?

Right now it states v2.20 Game Engine 3. Is this correct? What is displayed on your main screen after the update to 3.11?

Thanks in advance for any replies....

Hi Strachwitz,

I have downloaded but not yet activated the v3.11 patch, so my answer is only partial ...

Reason for not yet actioning: other posters - for PC? - have talked of many / large files being in the 3.11 patch download "pack", but I got "only" a "normal", 35.6MB zip file, so I'm not sure what is going on there ... if you got the same file, part of your problem perhaps?

However, when I installed the earlier Vehicle Pack / v3.1 combo, after that the title screen then showed "v3.1", and I assume that would continue with 3.11 also ...

The display of "v2.20 game engine 3" is exactly as it was after 2.20 only, and I think it should have changed after this patch ... so, to me sounds like the 3.11 patch hasn't been successful.

Hope this is some use ...

I'm on a MAC running Yosemite 10.10.1 (latest upgrade yesterday)....

I've run installer PKG and updated my CMBN 3.10 to 3.11 and my screen now shows 3.11 as shown in the attached pic...

Hope that helps.... :)

Regards,

Doug

ps: BTW, this Yosemite update sure fixed a lot of issues I was having with OSX and other apps in general .. ;)

post-9554-141867625806_thumb.jpg

Running 10.9.5 here. Installer worked as advertized.

I get same screen as BadgerDog. v3.11 Game Engine 3

Hope Helpdesk sort it out for you.

I have raised this in another thread, but no response there ...

As you guys have successful Mac instals, do you have any comment on my query above on the "small" (relatively) file size of the Mac patch file, v the many / large files that some (PC?) users were commenting on?

Is this all there is for the Mac?

Actually, I do .... :D

When I first noticed the very small file size during the upgrade process of the PKG file, I actually stopped and canceled the process. :rolleyes:

I went back and looked at the PKG file (after unzip) 36.2 Mb and I wondered again, why it was so small. I figured that since it was just an update to an existing huge multi-Gb sized original file, that perhaps only files that needed to be, were being updated.

So, I figured I'd be safe and backup the current 3.10 app file first, then run the 3.11 PKG upgrade again.

I did the upgrade and started up the resulting new app, where the screen showed 3.11 etc. I loaded a current match and it seemed fine, so I assumed the upgrade was fine, even considering the small upgrade PKG file size. (see pic)

Is that what you were looking for Phil?

Regards,

Doug

post-9554-141867625807_thumb.jpg

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks Doug.

All you say about the file size makes sense, and mirrors what I thought. But I didn't know / couldn't work out why the Mac v PC position on file sizes and downloads should be so different, to do essentially the same thing - I suppose - to the game in each case.

My VP / 3.1 install worked fine, including all the (re)activations, by following the instructions (doh!), so I've got no reason to assume a problem ... but I just didn't want to foul up a nicely working v3.1 *if* there was a problem with the v3.11 download ...

It seems like there isn't!

Thanks again for the info.

An update from me ... in the light of the above, I installed the "small" v3.11 patch ... and all seems fine, I have a working copy of v3.11.

Thanks again!

(But I still don't understand the file size thing ...:D)

I just installed 3.11 on my base CMBN game, but I don't understand the procedures for activating the Modules (missed it because too busy on main install?), not least because they don't come up when I select a battle using them. Only the US light appears on the home screen, and I have both CW and MG. Nor can I make any sense of that "if you don't have the link" workaround discussion, since I don't appear to have such a Start folder. Is this a PC thing? Would someone please explain what I need to do next. I've already RTFI, to no avail.

Regards,

John Kettler

I just installed 3.11 on my base CMBN game, but I don't understand the procedures for activating the Modules (missed it because too busy on main install?), not least because they don't come up when I select a battle using them. Only the US light appears on the home screen, and I have both CW and MG. Nor can I make any sense of that "if you don't have the link" workaround discussion, since I don't appear to have such a Start folder. Is this a PC thing? Would someone please explain what I need to do next. I've already RTFI, to no avail.

Regards,

John Kettler

You are on a Mac, right?

Under the main CM Battle for Normandy folder - after installing the v3.11 patch - the sub folder "Documents" contains an item called "Activate New Products.sh" ...

Select and run that app: it opens a "(re)validate license key" screen, of the same type that you saw in installing the patch to (re)validate the base game license key ... except this time you have to enter the key you got for the module(s) you want to activate ... repeat as many times as necessary, until the game opening screen shows as present and active all the modules you have. Probably best to start the game after each go, to check the modules are there one by one.

That help?

PhilM,

Thanks to you, progress has been/is being made. When I got CMBN, I got it bundled with CW--as physical products. CMBN is now 3.11, likewise MG, which was a digital DL. Do I now have to go find the physical CW disc in order to activate it, or is there another way, please?

Regards,

John Kettler

You are on a Mac, right?

Under the main CM Battle for Normandy folder - after installing the v3.11 patch - the sub folder "Documents" contains an item called "Activate New Products.sh" ...

Select and run that app: it opens a "(re)validate license key" screen, of the same type that you saw in installing the patch to (re)validate the base game license key ... except this time you have to enter the key you got for the module(s) you want to activate ... repeat as many times as necessary, until the game opening screen shows as present and active all the modules you have. Probably best to start the game after each go, to check the modules are there one by one.

That help?

Great directions, worked like a charm.

PhilM,

Thanks to you, progress has been/is being made. When I got CMBN, I got it bundled with CW--as physical products. CMBN is now 3.11, likewise MG, which was a digital DL. Do I now have to go find the physical CW disc in order to activate it, or is there another way, please?

Regards,

John Kettler

John,

Glad you are making some progress!

I got all of my modules as separate items, not in a bundle, and so cannot replicate your position ... but I'm assuming that the bundle came with two activation keys at the time, to activate the game and the module separately?

Logging on to your account at battlefront will let you see all the keys you have been allocated, and you can get the key from there?

FWIW, my process is to use the email that arrives at the time of purchase and copy and paste the keys - plus identifier of what they are for! - into a plain text file, and save (and backup ...) that file. So if I ever need to enter the license keys again, I can just open the text file and copy and paste the key into the on screen box ... no typo's etc.

Hope this helps.

New update erases VP pack from my data folder..and installing VP again erases new update :(

mac 10.6.8

The second part of your issue above doesn't surprise me ... the VP install is (IIRC) linked in one process with the install for v3.1: so if you do v3.11 then the VP, you are taking things back to v3.1 ...

But the first part does: to have the install of v3.11 remove the VP you had previously installed???

Was the earlier install of v3.1 and VP fully working before you tried the patch?

And by "erases the VP pack from my data folder" mean that the "normandy v310 vehicle pack.brz" file is what is removed when you try and patch to v3.11? That is odd ...

PhilM,

Regret to inform you I've just looked closely at my account info, and there's no License Key listed for either CMBN or CW. I've also gone through my E-mail from BFC (checked the bundle PO), but have gotten nowhere with that, either. I think I'm going to have to hunt down the physical CW disc, for I'm running out of ideas. Contrariwise, my brain may simply not be working right today.

Regards,

John Kettler

PhilM,

Regret to inform you I've just looked closely at my account info, and there's no License Key listed for either CMBN or CW. I've also gone through my E-mail from BFC (checked the bundle PO), but have gotten nowhere with that, either. I think I'm going to have to hunt down the physical CW disc, for I'm running out of ideas. Contrariwise, my brain may simply not be working right today.

Regards,

John Kettler

John, are we talking about the same place in terms of looking for your keys in your account information?

On the "My Account" home screen, after "Account information" and "Shipping information" there is an "Order information" section ... that has a list of your orders (by date, but you cannot tell what each is for without going to it), each item with a "View" clickable link through to the details of that order, including the key for that item.

Is your CMBN & CW bundle is not there as one item in the list of orders?

Well, I think I've now run out of ideas! If neither the emails nor the account info contain the key ... I think a help desk ticket to BF would be my next step ...

But the first part does: to have the install of v3.11 remove the VP you had previously installed???

Was the earlier install of v3.1 and VP fully working before you tried the patch?

And by "erases the VP pack from my data folder" mean that the "normandy v310 vehicle pack.brz" file is what is removed when you try and patch to v3.11? That is odd ...

Yes, 3.11 remove VP previously installed.

Yes, 3.10 install and VP fully working before.

Yes, normandy v310 vehicle pack.brz" file is what is removed when I try and patch to v3.11.

Odd? Yes.

OK. Little workaround. Installed VP, removed VP from data folder (310 vehicle pack and 310 brz), installed 3.11, moved VP back to data folder and now it works (game version 3.11, engine 3, all four icons on screen) .... not proper procedure, but... ;)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3470914/Screen%20shot%202014-11-21%20at%2012.46.35%20PM.png

Wow, glad you got it working! Certainly not "proper procedure", but well worked out ...

Cannot think what is going wrong either to make that necessary in the first place, or to allow you "fix" to work (i.e. to allow 3.11 to install without the VP data there, but then for 3.11 to recognise it and allow it to work once you put it back "manually" after the 3.11 install ... I would have guessed that 3.11 would not recognise it was there using that method ...)

Sign in to follow this