modules and weapons packs

esco7800

I stated this thread to see what people would like to see added in the future....As far as modules and weapons packs..

Modules

I would like to see a special forces pack..that includes GRU and MVD/Vityaz troops..and also uncons for both sides..

Weapons packs

As for weapons packs I would like to see an artillery pack with the D-30 and it's US counter-part and a few more mobile artillery units for Russia and the US..

Well, we're of course going to get to see the Marines at some point. I wonder what They're going to do with the European contingent. Britain's army is a denuded force and Germany's becoming more isolationist. It would super-duper cool if the French made an appearance! Think of all the vehicle types we've never seen before! :D

Well, we're of course going to get to see the Marines at some point. I wonder what They're going to do with the European contingent. Britain's army is a denuded force and Germany's becoming more isolationist. It would super-duper cool if the French made an appearance! Think of all the vehicle types we've never seen before! :D

Sorry ... can we not write the Brits off on the basis of one BBC documentary about Afghanistan. The simple facts of the matter are:

The Brits are members of the UNSC.

The Brits hold many key appointments within the NATO Command Structure.

The Brits deployed a battlegroup to Poland in October:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/defence-secretary-visits-troops-deploying-on-training-exercise.

The Brits still spend more than most of NATO on defence.

NATO Defence Expenditure 2013:

Albania 182

Belgium 5257

Bulgaria 749

Canada 18428

Croatia 848

Czech 2148

Denmark 4547

Estonia 479

France 52250

Germany 48718

Greece 5669

Hungary 1210

Italy 25173

Latvia 291

Lithuania 354

Lux 248

NLD 10313

Norway 7398

Poland 9077

Portugal 3316

Romania 2602

Slovak 997

Slovenia 518

Spain 12746

Turkey 14365

UK 60283

US 735154

Source:

http://www.nato.int/nato_static_fl2014/assets/pdf/pdf_topics/20140224_140224-PR2014-028-Defence-exp.pdf

Denuded they may be but the Brits remain capable of deploying a minimum Bde-sized armoured/mechanised ground force which I'm sure in the fictional World of CMBS would be a very much appreciated contribution to the CMBS International Coalition.

If it was for me I'd like to see new countries rather than what we saw in CMSF. I do realize Uk and Ger make the most sense, but, for example, Italy and France would bring a lot new assets and different organization. In the easy, as Others pointed out, Poland has a very interesting armed forces composition, but don't forget Turkey.

Actual forces obviously need Marines and VDV units. But I would also keep in scope Naval Infantry for the reds and Rangers/Delta/Seals special units for the blues.

Apart from that I do not support the "vehicle pack" commercialization method adopted by BFC, but that's just my opinion.

Is that your way of lobbying for French forces?

Denuded they may be but the Brits remain capable of deploying a minimum Bde-sized armoured/mechanised ground force which I'm sure in the fictional World of CMBS would be a very much appreciated contribution to the CMBS International Coalition.

Heck, Canada is capable of deploying a brigade sized force and the CF is teeny tiny compared the the UK armed forces.

Adding Canadian forces gets my vote - but I am pretty biased :D

Why do you say Germany is becoming more isolationist? For historical reasons that we all know Germany and Japan never sent troops out of their countries for decades. That changed after 2001 but still their roles were limited overseas. I think there may be a trend in German politics right now to keep the troops closer to home in the future and sending German troops to anywhere in the former Soviet Union would be a sensitve topic but I don't think Germany would turn a blind eye to the Ukraine IN THE SUPPOSED BACKSTORY ( Forgive the caps, I don't know how to do italics in this forum).

Well, if we're going to do naval infantry and Marines, I'd LOVE to see the Ekranoplan join the fray, but considering a) there's only one of the suckers and B) the Russians aren't building anymore, that might be a pipe dream.

On a non-pipe dream level, I'd love to see beach assaults modeled in some way, which is something that Battlefront could pick up and drop onto almost all of CM2 as an upgrade.

Hi,

The one that will change the most is the Russians. A huge amount of kit is about to change, already exists. Will be fielded before 2017. But I too agree should not be in CMBS until fielded. Battlefront has done a great job of “guessing forward...” to 2017 in a even-handed way. But I am looking forward to BS as a way to start thinking about high-intensity warfare again.

But the detail of Russian kit will change most by 2017.

After a pause, maybe just beyond 2017, there will be a general, global increase in defence spending.

The Great Game is on again and cannot be put back in the bottle.

All the best,

Kip.

Just thought I would comment on UK's defence cuts. The plan was to reduce the size of the "regular" army whilst increasing the size and capability of the Army Reserve, what used to be called the Territorial Army, to make up the gap.

That plan now looks in tatters as the rate at which people are signing up to the Army Reserve is laughably small. One statistic I read said that at the current recruitment rate it would take 25 years for the Army Reserve to be up to planned strength.

The other big "hole" in the UK armed forces is the lack of an operational aircraft carrier until 2020, but I don't think that is such a big issue for NATO operations as it only really hurts UK's ability to carrier out "independent" military operations in regions where aircraft cannot be based on land. For example, there would be no chance of the UK pulling off an operation like the 1982 Falklands War until the new aircraft carrier is operational.

Given the failure of the policy, I would think it will have to be changed soon, and most probably will be.

• 2 weeks later...

List of new vehicles in next year's victory parade. Not my translation:

1. Products of OJSC "Kurganmashzavod"

- multirole armored personel carriers for Airborne troops BTR-MDM (Object 955) - 12 vehicles

- airborne infantry fighting vehicles BMD-4M (Object 960M) - 12 vehicles

- tracked armored personel carriers Kurganets-25 (Object 693, tracked vehicle B-11) - 12 vehicles

- tracked infantry fighting vehile Kurganets-25 (Object 695, tracked vehicle B-11) - 12 vehicles

2. Products of OJSC "Uralvagonzavod"

- tanks T-14 "Armata" (Object 148) - 12 vehicles

- infantry fighting vehicles "Armata" (Object 149) -12 vehicles

- armored recovery vehicled BREM-1 (Object 608) - 10 vehicles (no idea why so many EDIT: actually, considering this is for the Alabino rehearsal with brand new machines, it makes sense to have several recovery vehicles handy)

3. Products of MSC GAZ

- armored personel carriers "Bumerang" (VPK-7829?) - 12 vehicles

Bottom says about intention to include orders for "Coalition-SV" artillery, Iskander missiles and Cornet complexes (on Tigers?) bot no official orders have been placed yet.

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1078047.html

I find T-14 designation for Armata MBT and the object numbers listed somewhat questionable, so grain of salt and all.

After a pause, maybe just beyond 2017, there will be a general, global increase in [Russian] defence spending.

Lets remember Russia's economy is about the size of Italy's and their budget is reliant on oil staying above $100 a barrel. They may be fielding BMP-4 but at the same time plain-Jane old MT-LB remains a mainstay.

actually, a better indicator is GDP based on PPP valuation:

and Russia is just behind Germany

2014[edit]

Rank Country GDP (billions of US$) % of Global GDP

1 China $17,632 16.5%

2 United States $17,416 16.3%

3 India $7,277 6.8%

4 Japan $4,788 4.5%

5 Germany $3,621 3.4%

6 Russia $3,559 3.3%

7 Brazil $3,073 2.9%

8 France $2,587 2.4%

9 Indonesia $2,554 2.4%

10 United Kingdom $2,435 2.3%

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28PPP%29#2014

Will future modules include different seasons? Maybe I missed it, but it seems like so far all we've seen is summer. I always felt winter battles were best in CMBB and would like to see them in modern combat.

If I remeber right there was winter in FI+GL.

But seeing winter in this new coflivt? Interesting, especially regarding those new amphibial vehicles.