How will classified systems be modeled?

noxnoctum

Hi,,

I am not involved in beta testing this one so have no inside knowledge.

However you would be surprised how much is known, or often know about modern systems. There are two basic reasons for this.

Firstly in the modern world, going back to the Cold War certainly and today companies have to sell their kit. And customers not unreasonably want to know what it’s capable of vis-a-vis other kit. This information is leaked. In fact often advertised, even the very clever stuff. The information is sometimes leaked on purpose to illustrate test results for potential customers.

Secondly the physics and engineering possibilities are often widely known. What is possible with the materials is understood by many.

I am sure it is not perfect, but nor as difficult or impossible as it may seem to make a good estimate.

All good fun,

All the best,

Kip.

The risk isn't so much under modeling the capabilities of a classified system but over modeling based on boastful press releases. I understand (real world) Ukraine is having difficulty getting its missile launchers to work on their few Tunguskas. The problem is so bad they were pulled from combat (and from the game as well). Is this a problem peculiar to Ukraine or is this a problem endemic to Russian AA vehicles too? And I doubt BFC is going to model Stryker MGS computer system overheating and locking up.

The board is suffering from a lack of real news. News we could argue about somewhat productively.

I do appreciate Phil checking in occasionally. But an AAR would accomplish miracles. If your reading the AAR you probably aren't worried about some unfinished textures here and there.

The AAR should be starting soon. :)

My own line:

Ukraine is having difficulty getting its missile launchers to work on their few Tunguskas. The problem is so bad they were pulled from combat

Ack! The game is evolving as I type. Latest word now is they're going to assume that Ukraine will get its Tunguskas operational by 2017 so they made the cut for the title. ;)

Ukraine has a massively corrupt military.. much like the russians from 10-15 years ago... non-maintenance, lack of spare parts (now), lack of technical training all will play a part in making those missile launchers not working. They are old too.. they date back to the end of the soviet union. Russian ones have been updated many times since.