Beware there's a mod that conflicts with 1.01

Mord

Blimey is an English word - check it out in the dictionary. Guess it's not used as much these days.

LOL. That was funny.

Anyway, Mord, I wasn't expecting anything like that. Like you I really don't have a clue here. Lookng at all the files I have I really can't see why or where (if at all) this file is different from any of the others.

I do have an idea to try out, though: Put a copy the original stock evade button into your mods folder and see what happens? That could tell us whether it's something to do with the actual file in my mod, or the fact that a copy is in the mod folder at all (am I making sense?).

It still wouldn't explain why (so far) you're the only one that's seeing this. Out of curiosity, do you use an Nvidia or an ATI card?

It was a response to your post.

Blimey is an English word - check it out in the dictionary. Guess it's not used as much these days.

LOL I was wondering why the period instead of a comma after the word Blimey. The funny thing is I have been talking to Blimey through emails and immediately thought you were talking to him.

Anyway, Mord, I wasn't expecting anything like that. Like you I really don't have a clue here. Lookng at all the files I have I really can't see why or where (if at all) this file is different from any of the others.

I do have an idea to try out, though: Put a copy the original stock evade button into your mods folder and see what happens? That could tell us whether it's something to do with the actual file in my mod, or the fact that a copy is in the mod folder at all (am I making sense?).

It still wouldn't explain why (so far) you're the only one that's seeing this. Out of curiosity, do you use an Nvidia or an ATI card?

I've already removed the interrupt buttons folder. So, the game automatically uses the stock textures. I also had all your interrupt buttons in except for the evade button (which again, will revert to the stock evade button). It's just the one button, but it's no big deal. I am fine using everything but the interrupt buttons. I am just happy it wasn't the silhouettes.

BTW. You are missing the Heer C&C icons from your UI mod. All I could find were the Soviet and the optional SS icons (which were listed as German).

Oh, and I am running a 7700 series ATI card.

Mord.

Except for this rare case with me, it's almost always Vin's when it comes to mod conflicts. I guess because he alters the strings text which in turn is usually altered by BFC when they do a patch or module.

Mord.

I actually looked at my mod list and Juju's was the only other one* that modified the UI so I removed it. And had no problems. Now that you have done the hard work I'll put it back and see if I can reproduce the problem. I have an Nvida card so it will be interesting to see what happens.

----

* We already know that Vin's animated text mod but is only compatible with a single release of the game.

Except for this rare case with me, it's almost always Vin's when it comes to mod conflicts. I guess because he alters the strings text which in turn is usually altered by BFC when they do a patch or module.

Mord.

That's excatly the reason. The strings text changes most of the time with each patch so I always have to update it to keep it compatible. It is a helpful little mod, but I wish it were as easy as a bmp. or sound mod to release. Until this thread I have never heard of a bmp mod causing conflicts. I use a mix of juju's, marco's and my own stuff for UI, and never have had a problem

Win 8 64bit

AMD A10-6700

Code Name Richland

Package Socket FM2 (904)

Technology 32nm

12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz

Motherboard

Manufacturer MSI

Model 2AE0 (P0)

Chipset Vendor AMD

Chipset Model A55/A60M FCH

Chipset Revision 00

Southbridge Vendor AMD

Southbridge Model A55/A60M

Manufacturer ATI

Model AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

2 Gig GDDR5

Driver version 12.104.0.0

BIOS Version 113-AD44500-101

At this point I wouldn't knock myself out over this. I seem to be the only one that has the problem and it is solved. I appreciate the effort and all, but it doesn't seem worth spending any more time on. You could be gaming instead of trying to figure out this bizarre fluke! Anyway, thanks for trying, Ian, but in the end I can live without that button.

Mord.

At this point I wouldn't knock myself out over this. I seem to be the only one that has the problem and it is solved. I appreciate the effort and all, but it doesn't seem worth spending any more time on. You could be gaming instead of trying to figure out this bizarre fluke! Anyway, thanks for trying, Ian, but in the end I can live without that button.

No worries. I wanted to see if I could see the same result as you - when this warning thread went up I removed all my UI mods before updating to the patch. Glad to see you are still going. Strange issue though, very strange.