Beware there's a mod that conflicts with 1.01

Mord

No. It is not Vin's animated text ( I don't use it).

Something is causing me to not be able to click on a vehicle. When I remove my mod folder everything works fine. So, I am trying to go through each mod one at a time and see what is causing it. I figured I'd post this just in case anyone else was experiencing it and to let them know it is not a bug in the patch but some kind of conflict that is introduced via the mod folder.

So, again, if you can't select a vehicle after 1.01 remove your mod folder and then restart the game and you should be fine.

Mord.

It's always a UI mod that causes this kind of thing.

I was thinking the same thing. That would either mean Marco's, or mine. Mine would be more likely because it contains all the UI files. That said, I did a quick test and everything seems to be okay on my end. However, should any of you guys find that it's 'Red Tunder UI' that is the culprit, let me know ASAP and I'll attempt to fix it.

At first I thought it might be JuJu's Soviet floating icons but unfortunately for me it's his UI mod. I can live with it as long as I can use the silhouettes. I'll have to go through it bit by bit and see what is causing the problem.

Weird. I have never had a mod do this before.

Mord.

Mord, you're going to have to tell me exactly what's going wrong. Which nation, scenario (or QB, if it's QB) and the specific vehicles involved. Be as specific as you can, please. I need to reproduce the problem on my machine before I can tackle it. Also, it might be interesting to see if other people can reproduce it on their machines, or if it's just yours. True, that seems unlikely, but I would have expected more bug reports from other Red Thunder UI users by now.

I am thinking it's probably just my problem seeing no one else is complaining. I'll see what I can figure out but it might take a while. Not much point in worrying about one guy.

But off hand it seems to be happening the most with the Hetzer, Nashorn and Jagd Iv late and PSW 231. I was using the same test map each time and then you got me thinking maybe it's just that map. So, I loaded up Angriffe and everything was fine. But then I added the Hetzer and Nashorn and 231 AC and had problems again. It goes back and forth, sometimes I can choose the vehicle by clicking the icon, sometimes the base, and other times neither.

Here's the test scenario: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1u2c7731e6c32tb/DECAL+TEST.btt

and the amended Angriffe Scenario: http://www.mediafire.com/download/aavc2dvd9c14jip/Angriff+II.btt

That should help. But don't drive yourself crazy trying to figure it out. It could be anything.

Mord.

Mord, I've tested both scenarios and encountered no problems myself. All vehicles, including the specific ones you mentioned are both selectable and usable.

I take it you simply removed the entire UI and the problem went away, right? That's over 500 files, so we'll try and narrow that down to the most obvious ones; the ones directly relating to those specific vehicles. Can you go into the mods' 'Silhouettes' folder and remove the Hetzer, Nashorn, Jagd Iv late and sdkfz231-mid files for now and see if that does the trick?

If this works i still haven't got a clue what's up, but it's a starting point.

What a strange thing. How could a UI mod affect mouse interaction with units in play?

In any case, I'm playing with Juju's, and I have no trouble selecting the units mentioned whether I'm in the command phase or the replay phase. I can get them by clicking on either the vehicle or the icon.

Can you go into the mods' 'Silhouettes' folder and remove the Hetzer, Nashorn, Jagd Iv late and sdkfz231-mid files for now and see if that does the trick?

If this works i still haven't got a clue what's up, but it's a starting point.

10-4. I'll let you know.

Mord.

Okay, to narrow it down quickly, I took out everything but the silhouettes—worked fine. Then added in one folder at a time, everything worked up to that point. The last one I loaded was the buttons folder. That's when the weirdness started.

I am gonna now take out all the button sub-folders and add them back one at a time until I find which one is doing it. From there I will test each individual button in the offending folder.

This is the first time I have ever had a BMP cause a problem like this in CM. It really doesn't make any sense. I could understand it if you had altered a string file like Vin does, or even a hex edit, but not a straight up BMP.

Mord.

Whelp, the culprit has been isolated. *DRUM ROLL* And the winning file that has been keeping me from clicking on vehicles is...the "evade" button BMP. The other two evades ("rollover" and "down") work fine. A single BMP buried in a sea of BMPS. Of all the things it might've been that's fine with me. I never play real time, and the stock file interrupt buttons fit in just fine with the UI. Talk about a needle in the hay stack.

Gives you a real appreciation for what BFC and Charles go through when they are trying to find something wrong in a million miles of code.

Anyway, Juju, that's what it was. Go figure. The Question is; "why was it doing that?"

Mord.