Will we see this guy?

permanent666

The enemy will never hear THAT coming :D:

While autonomous robots would be an intersting addition, i think though that they way they are currently implemented in IRL armies is beyond CMBS' scope: they clear mines, transport ammo (like BigDog) and perform some recon duties. They are performing duties that are abstracted in CM.

EDIT: here is a vid of thelatest iteration of BigDog, the Legged Squad Suppprt System aka LS3:

Field test of the LS3 witth he US Army:

My guess is that within the next few decades, the first-world troops that walk into hot zones will be robots, controlled by humans using virtual reality gear from safe bases to issue commands on a one-to-one control basis.

In other words, the human soldier goes to work at a safe green zone base, "suits up" in a virtual reality transmitter suit, and thereby issues commands to a single robot soldier as if they were that robot soldier.

So, for example, a squad of real human soldiers would all report in, suit up, and control things from the safe base, while the robots go out into the field like avatars in a MMOG. Except it's all real at the bots' end.

Then, if the terrorists take out some of the bots, it's tax money gone, but no human soldiers hurt.

Russia has several types of autonomous ground combat vehicle. In service with reconnaisance and sapper formations i believe.

http://defenceradar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Russian-army-to-use-unmanned-ground-robot-Taifun-M-to-protect-Yars-and-Topol-M-missile-sites.jpg

Typhoon-M I think. It can be equipped with NSVT and bolt on rpg-18/rpo launchers also I believe.

Could be modelled in CM as a small vehicle that becomes unfunctional if it loses its electronic command and control with its parent/controller unit.

One cool little vehicle I spotted recently in US inventory was a pint-size remote-operated 'crab' mine clearing vehicle. Like a mad inventor's take on a snowblower. They've already got the crab animations up and running for CMBN. This might be a good candidate for a future CMBS pack or module. :)