UAV's how will they work ..

Well, if you can show me a sniper that can shoot down a low-flying bird, then we'll start looking into this. Really.

The difficulty of precision aimed single fire shots hitting a moving target, at an unknown altitude and range is, well, very high. Lase it, you say? Um, sure. And a second later how good is that datum? Etc.

Well, if you can show me a sniper that can shoot down a low-flying bird, then we'll start looking into this. Really.

The difficulty of precision aimed single fire shots hitting a moving target, at an unknown altitude and range is, well, very high. Lase it, you say? Um, sure. And a second later how good is that datum? Etc.

But how about whole squads? 8 men with assault rifles are probably able to produce a volume of fire high enough to hit a low & slow flying drone within a reasonable amount of time.

I CANNOT WAIT !!!! ;)

Me neither :D.

Iirc from a long time ago I saw a 60 minutes segment in Afghanistan during the Soviet invasion where a Afghan using a Lee Enfield dropped a soaring hawk.

In all seriousness with the proliferation of drones there must be work going on to shoot them down.

Recently someone actually created a robotic falcon to scare birds away from airports. I could also see it being crashed into drones to knock it down.

Yes the challenges are immense, but superpowerful microchips are cheap and all sorts of components are being shrunk down.

There's a video on Youtube somewhere of Ukrainian army shooting down a Russian drone. They expended a considerable number of 37mm AA rounds trying to hit it and eventually got it with an AA missile. A tactical drone is a small spot in the sky. Compared to a MiG 29 which is 57 feet long! :D