Cooperative MP?

Probably too much for a small company like BF to take on at this time. I like the wego system as I can review the action and play at my leisure.

I can see the appeal of COOP, but its not for everyone. I have 14+ games going on at one time with all the modules and I wouldn't be able to handle it real time.

This is an idea I am passionate about as I think it is how the game would shine the most when played real time mode. I can also think of no other feature that would expand CM's market as much as coop multiplayer. I say this confidently from my experience with "Sudden Strike" game which sold over 2 million copies. There is not a SS player that would not gravitate to this, and I could also see players that are into games like ARMA that has a very team orientated multiplayer community wanting to play it too. It is not going to happen tomorrow, but I hope it does someday.

Here is a CoOp multiplayer concept I put together that concentrates on teamwork in the real time environment. Each player gets a chance to role play as either a platoon, company, or battalion commander. It is based on 6v6 play, but the more players/observers (Yes, that is right you can just watch a battle live in real time if you don't want to actively play.) it could allow the better.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=109832&highlight=multiplayer

I can see the appeal of COOP, but its not for everyone. I have 14+ games going on at one time with all the modules and I wouldn't be able to handle it real time.

Coop is not limited to real time. IMHO it would be easier to first implement Wego Coop because you leave out the hassle with synchronizing several players on the battle field.

I guess CM wasn't designed with 'multiple friendlies on one side' in mind and such a thing would break a lot of basic assumptions.

Wasn't cooperative multiplayer listed as a future feature in the CMSF manual?

Here we go. CMSF_Manual_v1.01-page_41LG.jpg

Something tells me that if they had the technical capability, it would already be in the game, since it was listed as a feature for future modules of the very first cmx2 game. Too bad, 2v2 multiplayer would be a lot of fun.

I think multiplayer co-op would be an amazing feature. I'm not sure why BF has stepped back from this after expressing interest in the past.

It seems like co-op for human players could be achieved with just a couple changes:

1. Force a friendly unit to be selected at all times so that information on friendly units and spotting info is transmitted exclusively via C3 net.

2. Some mechanism to divide OOB into different commands with password protection for each.

Now queue the laughter from the dev or anyone who fully knows what would be required.

Wasn't cooperative multiplayer listed as a future feature in the CMSF manual?

Here we go. CMSF_Manual_v1.01-page_41LG.jpg

Something tells me that if they had the technical capability, it would already be in the game, since it was listed as a feature for future modules of the very first cmx2 game. Too bad, 2v2 multiplayer would be a lot of fun.

that was one of the major selling points for the game for me "Combat Mission Coplay". Would have been glorious, alas, seems it wasn't meant to be. :( On that note i've still bought every title and module and upgrade and vehicle pack :) that's come out for all their titles now. So obviously my feelings weren't too hurt.