ChrisND Stream Footage

How many casualties did the US took in that mission Chris ? Your force was decimated .. More than 60% ? That US shell killing an entire US squad wont make it to CNN Chris .. Not in that setting.. Got lost among the hundreds of other casualties and CNN is probably talking about some US airbase or supply base getting hammered by Iskander strikes or cruise missiles or a US ship getting torpedoed somewhere. World war three man hehe Kind of a "ohh my god what did we get ourselves into ?? " news environment.

Edited by antaress73

One note, during the stream someone asked about medics. I am one of those who have kind of played around with the idea as something to add to the immersion and it has been problematic. Buddy aid is a funny item. It is sometimes hard enough to get a team to buddy aid an individual, try doing it with a single pixeltruppen. This would not be just a ToE item. BF would have to code the AI to get this to work better. The medic behavior would have to make him find casualties in an AS much better than the AI currently does.

Quick question - when assessing enemy casualties during the last streaming game, Chris remarked a few times that the enemy was "incapacitated" rather than dead - in my experience with the WWII titles, while your own casualties are clearly marked "dead" or "incapacitated" by the UI, the enemy casualties are always "incapacitated" until the final end screen, when you can finally see their ultimate outcome. 

Has this changed for CMBS? Or am I just totally misremembering?

First I have to say I loved the playthrough YT vids of the upcoming Black Sea  B)  and watched them all in the meantime  :)

Now, when I start browsing back and watch Red Thunder vid, or fire up my RT copy (with latest patch) I have the 'impression' the landscape/maps in Black Sea  vids looked somehow richer/nicer.  But I can't pinpoint it.

Are there any significant changes made from RT to BS in this section?  ...or does it all boils down to the map-design and all the effort spended making them look so 'natural'?  

Edited by MikeGER

Quick question - when assessing enemy casualties during the last streaming game, Chris remarked a few times that the enemy was "incapacitated" rather than dead - in my experience with the WWII titles, while your own casualties are clearly marked "dead" or "incapacitated" by the UI, the enemy casualties are always "incapacitated" until the final end screen, when you can finally see their ultimate outcome. 

Has this changed for CMBS? Or am I just totally misremembering?

I'm just being loose with my words. You don't see until the end.

Now, when I start browsing back and watch Red Thunder vid, or fire up my RT copy (with latest patch) I have the 'impression' the landscape/maps in Black Sea  vids looked somehow richer/nicer.  But I can't pinpoint it.

Are there any significant changes made from RT to BS in this section?  ...or does it all boils down to the map-design and all the effort spended making them look so 'natural'?  

Heh, Black Sea uses the same natural environment as Red Thunder. It may be more experienced scenario designers, or your imagination. ;)

So, Chris, apologies if someone has already asked this..do you play on a Mac or PC?

Reason I ask is I ASSUME since CMBS is  based on the 3.0 engine from the CMRT environment, that it has none of the previous 36% load bugs of CMSF?  I have CMRT for Mac and it is rock solid and very, very visually well done.

I apologize if someone has already asked this, but I have REALLY been enjoying your walkthroughs and demo movies and am very anxious to fire up my PixelTruppen on my shiny new iMac.

Thanks in advance...and THANKS for all the awesome movies and narration...I am not sure I will be starting CMBS at ELITE, but enjoy watching you live and die at that level....

Cheers

You won't learn to play elite until you play elite, so you might as well get over with.  I would play iron except that I find it makes so slow giving orders I can't stand it. Your milage may vary. :D

Someone said "If you ain't iron, you ain't tryin!" I like to play H2H on iron, just for the shear challenge. My H2h partner likes elite though, so we'll usually use that when he chooses the scenario. Either one is tough, but if we don't challenge ourselves and "knock ourselves out of our comfort zones," we probably won't improve much :huh:

I mean the worst that can happen is that we get our butts handed to us in a basket, and that's happened to me enough that it doesn't even hurt any more. We played "Cats and Dogs" on elite with me as Axis, and I knew on the third turn that I'd blown it and was going to lose. I lost so badly that the scenario wouldn't even accept my surrender :D

Edited by Vet 0369

To be honest, I don't think the different levels makes a huge difference anyway. It's not like things are becoming super challenging at the higher levels, it's mostly about spotting becoming just a little bit harder. So, playing at Elite level should not be a very big deal, at least it isn't for me.

Edited by JSj

Not sure if CMBS has the retro muted filter that the WW2 titles already employ - but maybe they have included a 'future is always brighter' mode  B)

From the streaming vids ChrisND often switches shadows on and off depending to what he wants to show and do, and this has an effect on how the overall ambient brightness appears.

First I have to say I loved the playthrough YT vids of the upcoming Black Sea  B)  and watched them all in the meantime  :)

Edited by Wicky

The problem is the spotting of your own units.  If I am trying to give orders to a tank platoon I have to click back  & forth a lot more to give what would a simple order in real life.  Say to advance to just below the crest of the hill to our front in the more or less line abreast we are already in.  Again part of the problem is that I am already slow, so even slower is bad.  Depending how the blue force tracker is modeled it may be a lot easier in CMBS than Red Thunder.