ChrisND Stream Footage

Hey Chris, to save yourself some time, just load the Brads and infantry up in the editor and place them on that ridge and check LOS to the buildings from within the editor. That way you won't have to keep testing and going back and testing in game.

You might have already known that but I didn't catch you mention it, so I figured I'd give the tip.

Mord.

Yep, I got that part. I just thought you were gonna keep retesting in game to figure out where the LOS was best. But anyway, good video, I enjoyed it. It will be a valuable tool for budding scenario designers.

Mord.

One of he biggest advancements in the game since CMSF has been the ability to import maps and satellite images to create terrain maps off of. There's a discernible difference between a map that's an approximation of what an area might look like and the real thing. The sizes of the fields, the space between the buildings. You just feel the difference when you're on a map that's based on a real location.

Yeah, my main concern are roads, too many times I have seen wonderful scenarios but filled with zig-zag roads that you won't ever see in a real place.

When I make a scenario I tend to go straight with roads, and until you keep it small the effect is acceptable, but I understand that larger scenarios can't have only straight roads, but yet, the zig-zag ones really hurt my eyes.

Wow...those vids were awesome. Thanks for sharing. So, how soon might we see some infantry combat. Especially some infantry URBAN combat. That was my favorite part of CMSF as it would neutralize some of the high tech and turn things into another Grozny or Fallujah.

And of course would love to see how the new infantry looks.