High calibre sniper rifles

GAZ NZ

Perhaps in a future module BFC will dip their toe into paramilitary militia forces. For both sides. Then there are no rules to follow for weapons purchases. I recall mujahideen in CM:Afghanistan were equipped with everything from AR-15s to FN FAL to PPSh to old Enfields. 'Modern war' could represent American gun show purchases by the belligerents.

Perhaps in a future module BFC will dip their toe into paramilitary militia forces. For both sides. Then there are no rules to follow for weapons purchases. I recall mujahideen in CM:Afghanistan were equipped with everything from AR-15s to FN FAL to PPSh to old Enfields. 'Modern war' could represent American gun show purchases by the belligerents.

I certainly hope so. It allows for much more creativity with units and equipment on BFC's end and with scenario design on our end. The Uncons were probably my favorite faction to play in CMSF. They were generic enough that they could represent any unconventional force that you might dream up or that exists in the real world, such as ISIS. Uncons in CMBS could be designed so that they can represent any eastern European insurgents or 'vacationing' Russian soldiers. :)

How does the damage system work for the various rifles? Is there something that makes a shot from a 50 cal less survivable than a scoped M14 for instance?

Ballistics. All projectiles are individually tracked and modeled. I won't go into much more detail than that, but: there isn't a "damage system" per se, or a table somewhere that says "scoped M14 > un-scoped M14". We use the actual ballistics of the rounds in question.

I recall playing a CM:Afghanistan scenario, spetsnaz versus mujahideen in village fighting. Russian had all the firepower advantages except for one thing - the Muji's old bolt action big-bullet Enfields were piercing building walls while AK-74 wasn't. I lost a lot of men trading shots between buildings. :)

I think poor old SVD is getting a bit of a bum rap in this thread, being treated as though it was some lesser weapon compared to the others. Its really a very impressive rifle.

Here's something for you to chuckle over. Here's a certain aging texture artist posing (awkwardly) with a relative's recently purchased SVD rifle. The picture's a bit of a lie - I'm profoundly left handed and holding the gun in right-handed pose was incredibly uncomfortable for me. I'd make an awful sniper. :D

MikeRifle_B.jpg~original

I think poor old SVD is getting a bit of a bum rap in this thread, being treated as though it was some lesser weapon compared to the others. Its really a very impressive rifle.

Here's something for you to chuckle over. Here's a certain aging texture artist posing (awkwardly) with a relative's recently purchased SVD rifle. The picture's a bit of a lie - I'm profoundly left handed and holding the gun in right-handed pose was incredibly uncomfortable for me. I'd make an awful sniper. :D

MikeRifle_B.jpg~original

The pic combined with your SIG is priceless.