Any interest in these guys?

Created them for my own amusement, using Mord's Civil War mod as a base. Basically added about 14 new variants to his mod. I've only done the Reserves, real life prevents me doing anything more but it would be trivial to rename the files to incorporate these skins with his Mixed Combatants mod etc.

If there is interest - and with Mord's permission - I'll release this.

Terrain provided by Kieme's excellent CMSF HD mod.

CM_Shock_Force_2014_11_04_12_55_41_06.jpg

CM_Shock_Force_2014_11_04_13_24_08_87.jpg

CM_Shock_Force_2014_11_04_13_21_56_32.jpg

CM_Shock_Force_2014_11_04_13_32_37_52.jpg

Hope you release em.

I do also think that scenarios featuring IS/uncon forces vs conventional Iraq/Syrian army, or vs Peshmerga/PKK uncon would be the most interesting.

The uncon forces have learned to NOT fight vs western forces using the western game plan advantages. By forcing close combat in urban situations and or hit and run tactics, uncon/IS forces have leveled the playing field and neutralized much of the west's firepower and tech advantages. Making scenarios in which the west can simply stand off and bombard with long range HE is going to be the rare exception to the more common uncon tactics.

Now, we're down to close range knife fights which will likely be determined by who is more willing to die for their cause, and get close enuff to stick a knife thru their oppos' eyes, (or decapitate them).

A professional "mercenary" army in which troops are trained to see their role as "just a job" and a step towards university credits is at a disadvantage when dealing with fanatics willing to die and take you with them.

Hope you release em.

I do also think that scenarios featuring IS/uncon forces vs conventional Iraq/Syrian army, or vs Peshmerga/PKK uncon would be the most interesting.

The uncon forces have learned to NOT fight vs western forces using the western game plan advantages. By forcing close combat in urban situations and or hit and run tactics, uncon/IS forces have leveled the playing field and neutralized much of the west's firepower and tech advantages. Making scenarios in which the west can simply stand off and bombard with long range HE is going to be the rare exception to the more common uncon tactics.

Now, we're down to close range knife fights which will likely be determined by who is more willing to die for their cause, and get close enuff to stick a knife thru their oppos' eyes, (or decapitate them).

A professional "mercenary" army in which troops are trained to see their role as "just a job" and a step towards university credits is at a disadvantage when dealing with fanatics willing to die and take you with them.

Not sure entirely what you mean by that, but US forces acquitted themselves very well under even the worst conditions of these close quarter fights. What usually prevailed wasn't a willingness to die, but well drilled tactical fighting and discipline.

Conventional Iraqis and Syrian army forces do not have that discipline and essentially don't fight any better than the uncons. ISIS actually does use the same stand off weaponry when the situation leaves them with the advantage with those types of weapons.

Could you explain what you mean by "mercenary" army? I don't understand the use of the term in this context.

Yeah, knock yourself out. Mostly what I did was hex edit for the Civil War mod, the textures were MikeyD (clothes) and M1A1's (faces) work. I think I may have switched some pants and such. Any way release away, looks great.

Mord.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How long does it take a file to get into the Repository normally? - I submitted this about 4 days ago.

I think normally is about 24 hours.  Also, since the forum upgrade, I don't think uploads to the Repository are automatically linked to an announcement on the forum.  It may be possible that the mod is in the Repository but not linked to the scenario/mod thread of the forum.  I tried to find it at the Repository but could not.  What title did you submit it under?