Modern battlefield wounding mechanisms--see warning!

Warning! While this is very groggy, presenting a wealth of material on the various mechanisms by which humans come to grief, both visibly and invisibly (blast lung, TBI, etc.), where sustained, how sustained, typical outcomes and such, it is also necessarily gory, being intended for doctors and other trauma care types who need to understand what they're up against. I strongly recommend that combat veterans soberly consider what seeing the high resolution full color pics might do to themselves, in terms of triggering PTSD and the like, and emphatically advise not letting small children see this!

LINK REMOVED

Regards,

John Kettler

LukeFF,

Precisely why I posted a warning. I've been down this road before when I sent my mother's funeral flag (was a SSGT in USMC during Korean War) to my retired Army SFC brother, figuring he would appreciate the gesture. It triggered a freaked out firestorm because it plugged him into all the buddies he'd seen wounded or killed. Had him send that flag to another family member and instead sent him a flag flown over Pearl Harbor on the 50th anniversary of the attack. I see the link content as being somewhat akin to the classic Wound Ballistics and quite relevant to CMSF and successors, if nothing else but to help people understand what's really happening to their pixeltruppen. The theory is that the more the gamers understand what really happens, the less likely they are to squander their men. In my view, this kind of material should be required viewing by pols and pundits alike. Of course, the real attitude adjustment would come from sending them into battle--a la shtrafbat!

Regards,

John Kettler