Wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

A good friend of my father, a veteran of Italy used to sing a song to the tune of 'Lilli Marlene' which went.." We're the D Day Dodgers out in Italy, always on the vino always on a spree....". So history is repeating itself right here on these forums. D Day overshadowing Italy. This is a damned good game. Takes you from the lushness? of north western France to the rugged beauty and heat of dusty Sicily and the freezing cold of the winter Italian mountains. I have spent many happy hours while my poor pixel troopers in greatcoats and gloves slogged their way up snowy or rainy rocky hillsides and now it's sad to see this poor old forum lying here unloved and forgotten, just as Italy was 1943-1945.

Don't confuse lack of forum activity with unloved. Most of the forum activity is usually a complaint in one form or another. CMFI is just sooooo good no one is complaining :D

Personally I love this one. Don't worry it will get more activity once BF circles back around to it. We are still owed stuff for this game family.

Deep down I actually like CMFI better in many ways. Snow and moddable to CMFI Bulge 44. I wish it had Waffen-SS added in. We don't yet, right?

Anyway, lately I am busy with a new job and relationship and forum time can actually just suck your life away and I found myself playing the actual game less. I am finally in a PBEM battle as US attacking Ribera. Battle 2 assault on NE Ribera.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1548888&postcount=285

I used to have time to create a forum thread DAR of the battle with images and commentary but now I am very limited to try to do that. Maybe after I get adjusted to my new job. Forum fun can be an enjoyable thing even if hardly anyone views/viewed it.

Bottomline: I am awake and do enjoy CMFI. :D

I've only just gotten FI+GL and wonder if anyone can recommend the best scenarios ( preferably for H2H play ) ?

Shipped or later user-made.

Well, I've just finished Aris' scenario Bon Giorno Tomahawks and that was great fun H2H but man was it brutal. Company size, nice forcemix and kudos to him for the design. It's available at GAJ's site. Also Clearing the Niscemi Highway was another of my favourites H2H.

• 1 month later...
Bruce!

Wake the f up! I have a battle in my new campaign, KG Von Burke attacks through "Bruso di Novanta".

Snort!! Cough!! Uh? What? Oh kohlenkau. Yes, sorry. Wow must have dozed off there. Yes I've been watching your new thread with much interest. Great news. I'm looking forward to it. Wonder what 'Bruso' means in Italian?

OK, good, KG Von Burke it is. Once you get that core unit file down in stone, you don't wanna go back and mess with it anyway!

But I had toyed with these ideas:

Nurse Platoon Burke.

Special Latrine Unit 4077 (C.O. named Burke)

...and a good idea for a CMRT campaign..

Strafbattalion Burke. The CO was convicted of embezzling reichs funds and had over 100 female luftwaffe "flak helpers" on his previous unit staff but no actual AA guns!

:D

OK, good, KG Von Burke it is. Once you get that core unit file down in stone, you don't wanna go back and mess with it anyway!

But I had toyed with these ideas:

Nurse Platoon Burke.

Special Latrine Unit 4077 (C.O. named Burke)

...and a good idea for a CMRT campaign..

Strafbattalion Burke. The CO was convicted of embezzling reichs funds and had over 100 female luftwaffe "flak helpers" on his previous unit staff but no actual AA guns!

:D

Are you sure that last is not KG Von Burke? I am betting the GIs would be happy to surrender.