Sign in to follow this  
Irwin66666

MAC User - will CMBN work on OS X 10.5.9

Yep, Mavericks is 10.9.5, not 10.5.9. CM supports (as stated on the store) 10.6 and later.

It's my understanding that game doesn't work with Maverick. Its doesn't say 10.6 (and above )

Sure it does; I have been running CMBN on Mavericks/OSX 10.9 since Mavericks was released. Never had an issue. CMBN also ran fine for me in 10.7 and 10.8

There might be issues with specific hardware setup(s) in 10.9; I haven't heard of any significant issues in this area but I certainly don't know of every possible hardware setup out there.

Haven't upgraded to Yosemite/10.10 myself yet, so I can't personally speak to stability of the game under this Yosemite. I do know some players who are running the fine in Yosemite though, and I haven't heard of any significant issues.

How does the 5K iMac work with CM? Can you run it in 5K and max quality smoothly? I'm about to receive riMac in top configuration and I'm surely gonna play CM on it.

Phil

I'm running the brand new iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014). 2 Gb AMD Radeon R9 M290X.

Hmm. We saw pretty severe issues with the Windows drivers for the R9 290X. Some of them may have carried over. Is performance okay? The Windows drivers produced abysmal performance. Apple tends to prioritize different things, so you may have gotten lucky and skipped a few (or most) of the bugs, but I'd be surprised if there weren't a few hiding in there.

Sign in to follow this