Sign in to follow this  
Glen64

3 Upgrade.

Hi all

So I've downloaded version 3 and when I activated it said that Market Garden had been unlocked. What exactly does that mean as there are no new scenarios or campaigns available in the game.

Thanks

Glen

What it means is that the 3.0 Upgrade has upgraded all the modules as well, if you have them. You still need to purchase Market Garden in order to get access to its content. If you didn't have it before the Upgrade, you still don't have it. If you have it, then it's been upgraded.

I purchased MG and the scenarios/campaigns are still grayed out.

And 3.0 didn't work either; followed instructions and it's fixed at ver. 2.2

Chas - version 2.2 is the correct version number after installing the 3.0 upgrade.

OK, thanks for that- except that that is as confusing as Japanese VCR instructions. Not sure why that is...

Also, the text of the units is all messed up; I tried starting a CMBN MG campaign and the Airborne squads were Renault tanks.

I will try reinstalling....

For the fourth time....~sigh~

EDIT: ok....this is a WTF moment. I install upgrade 2, and all my unit text descriptions have CMSF unit types: Strykers, ATGM's.

If you have mods installed, they may interfere with some of the game's text or cause other issues and it is best that ALL of them are unloaded. You may want to try a 'clean' install to an empty directory. If you have save games, downloads and mods, then you may want to move your current game directory to somewhere like the 'desktop' via a 'drag and drop' from the Windows file manager ('move' the game, do NOT create a 'shortcut' instead). The intent behind this is to simply 'backup' your files (the unique save, downloads, mods, etc.). These can eventually be copied over to the new installation's directories once you have confirmed that everything is working.

Install in this order (assuming each module is separate and not a 'bundle'):

1. CMBN base game

2. Commonwealth module.

3. 1.11 patch.

4. CMBN 2.0 Upgrade.

5. Market Garden module.

6. 2.12 patch.

7. CMBN 3.0 Upgrade.

You may want to check the game installs by running the game after Steps 3, 4, 5, 6 and finally 7. Make sure all of the modules are present (icons in the lower left corner of the main menu) and that the text appears fine 'in game'.

You may also need to 'add exceptions' within your security software for the game/module executables. The Commonwealth module executable is very often flagged by many security programs, though it is NOT infected. You may want to temporarily disable your security software during the installs, to make sure there is no interference. After each install you may want to re-enable your security software, add the 'exception' for the game executables (you may need to do it again for the main game executable since it can change) and THEN attempt to play the game.

If a module is missing at any point during your 'checks', then you will want to reinstall the last step (patch, module, upgrade) and double-check any options that may exist during install.

Sign in to follow this