Combat mission and steam.

lordhedgwich

Once again people don't seem to be listening to what Battlefront has said time and time again. They looked at Steam and it doesn't fit their needs or desires...IMO: Its time to lock this thread like the gun control ones.

+1. It stopped being a useful discussion of the actual issue awhile back.

It did, however, cause me to add two people to my ignore list. The first two in 14 years of being on the forums.

A good deal of achieving success in life amounts to quickly discerning the caca from the kiwi and moving on to something productive.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can choose to respect their decision and support them or you can choose not to, but really trying to force them into something they wish not to is just a waste of time.

Its also very inconsiderate.

IMO: Its time to lock this thread like the gun control ones.

I am sorry, DB, but I fail to see how I am trying to "force" anything on anyone or how I am being "inconsiderate". Nonetheless, I am not going to take issue with this attitude of yours. I invite you to spell out for me where I am being inconsiderate with anyone in the two posts I've made on this thread.

Battlefront.com used to publish several titles (and still does) besides Combat Mission (which they own). And, as far as I know, Slitherine only owns the IP of a few titles in their catalogue, for the most part they operate by having distribution contracts - sometimes exclusive, sometimes not - signed with developers. As anyone applying some "due diligence" to study this business should know.

If by pointing out that there's people out there doing things differently from Steve, I am insulting Steve or Battlefront or anyone reading these forums, I reckon you're stretching the meaning of the word "inconsiderate" to the breaking point.

Cheers and goodbye!

As I recall a little of that has happened your way.

I must admit that the main charectors that visit this site have beliefs in certain ways of acting and communicating when bringing concepts or complaints to the table. Its called, showing a little respect and communicating in a polite manner. When it is not shown by a person in their comments. Yes, there are plenty here ready to bounce on them and give them some of their own rude comments right back to them.

In general, you get back what you give out on this Forum. So if you do not like how many forum members communicate with you, it is because of how you communicate with them.

It is actually one of the things I like about this forum, there is some expectation to act somewhat mature, those that dont, well they and their concepts are normally bashed because of the source it is coming from. Sounds

elitist to me.

I'm not complaining about my personal experiences. I admit I come off harshly, and I don't particularly care that people comeback harshly at me. Although I try to avoid doing so towards new users.

I'm talking about the guy who has 1-2 posts in the forum and comes in a little brashly. Sure you can come back kinda harshly on him, but that doesn't show well on this forum.

It wouldn't hurt folks to calmly tell him that his tone isn't appreciated and then legitimately answer his question.

I am sorry, DB, but I fail to see how I am trying to "force" anything on anyone or how I am being "inconsiderate". Nonetheless, I am not going to take issue with this attitude of yours. I invite you to spell out for me where I am being inconsiderate with anyone in the two posts I've made on this thread.

Battlefront.com used to publish several titles (and still does) besides Combat Mission (which they own). And, as far as I know, Slitherine only owns the IP of a few titles in their catalogue, for the most part they operate by having distribution contracts - sometimes exclusive, sometimes not - signed with developers. As anyone applying some "due diligence" to study this business should know.

If by pointing out that there's people out there doing things differently from Steve, I am insulting Steve or Battlefront or anyone reading these forums, I reckon you're stretching the meaning of the word "inconsiderate" to the breaking point.

Cheers and goodbye!

Battlefront has already replied in the past regarding Steam and made its position clear. To constantly badger them when they have indicated they are tired of responding to the steam issue is what i was referring to.

I didn't like it when CA released Empire Total War and I had to install Steam. I had a choice. Either not install it or accept the necessary evil of steam. There was no option to return for my money back.

Going to the steam boards and demanding things change would have gone nowhere. Thats pretty much the boat those who want CM on steam are in.

Get a few million dollars or more and offer to buy the rights to combat mission and see if they will sell the rights and then those who want CM on steam can run BF as they see fit. Till then its their company and they own the rights and they pretty much call the shots.

Now its back to youtube and CMNO videos that I bought directly from Matrix, not through Steam ;)

Steam or no Steam - I don't really care.

Where it would come in handy is for reinstalling old titles. I currently can't get CMSF and all its modules up and running on my new computer.

That's a pity because not only do I want to play CMSF but it and its modules represent quite an outlay of cash when taken as a whole for me to simply abandon them.

...I didn't like it when CA released Empire Total War and I had to install Steam...

Ha ha, precisely the point at which I had to cave in and get Steam.

Clearly I differ from Asterix in that I'd buy CM no matter how it's distributed since I see the game and the enjoyment I get from it as greater than my own like/dislike of a distribution platform.

I am, however, happy that it's not on Steam.

Steam or no Steam - I don't really care.

Where it would come in handy is for reinstalling old titles. I currently can't get CMSF and all its modules up and running on my new computer.

That's a pity because not only do I want to play CMSF but it and its modules represent quite an outlay of cash when taken as a whole for me to simply abandon them.

I suggest you to contact battlefront for support, if you bought the games in the past I am sure there's a way to play them again, in no way you should not be able to.

I suggest you to contact battlefront for support, if you bought the games in the past I am sure there's a way to play them again, in no way you should not be able to.

Yep, there have been a couple recent similar items and BF was able to sort them out.

I think this thread has, like the others before it, run into a brick wall. No point in leaving it open because we have always understood three things:

1. Some people passionately want to see CM products on Steam

2. Some people passionately don't want CM on Steam

3. Some people don't give a flying fig

It's really not important to keep going on and on about what is already well established. Especially since we have zero intention of going with Steam because Steam doesn't fit into our business model. People trying to tell us that Steam does fit into our business model obviously don't know what they are talking about. We've been around for 15 years so I think we know our business a lot better than anybody else, including other game companies.

Steve