Sign in to follow this  
Tom Konczal

Shooting Through Walls

I am in the middle of a AD Pontine Patrol PBEM game and my opponent and I both upgraded to 3.0. Suddenly, we can now fire and receive fire through solid side walls of a building.

Is this a glitch in the programming?

Thanks,

Tom Konczal

I'm not specifically aware of this being a bug or not, with either the game code, the scenario or map content. I suspect that it may be just a weird quirk with moving an in-progress game from the '2.0 Engine' to the '3.0 Engine'. Some customers experience a loud airplane noise for one turn in their games when moving to newer versions as a side effect.

Typically I do NOT recommend upgrading a game installation while a PBEM is in progress. This can potentially result in some strange behavior during the game that you may be experiencing. Such issues MAY only show up with an in-progress game moving from one 'engine' to another and couldn't be duplicated otherwise.

You may be experiencing a bug with the 'Engine 3.0', but to truly determine that you would need to start a fresh game. Depending on how far along you and your opponent are in playing the PBEM, you may want to start over (though this could ruin the game for both of you) and see if the behavior occurs again. You may need to fight in the same area in case the issue is map content-specific (certain buildings, etc.).