Modding the voices out of the game.

macjimm

Hopefully someone can provide some direction on how to remove the voices from the game. I know nothing about modding. And I'm not technically savvy.

I'm aware that lots of people like to hear the AI talking because it yields clues about their situational awareness. Hopefully this doesn't become a list of the benefits of AI voices.

I would like to make a AAR video of a PBEM and it is a lot of work to remove the repetitive phases that are often distracting.

Can anyone help me to remove the AI voices?

If you are just scared of repeat voice phrases have you thought about going the other way and adding more voices into the game through a mod folder using the usual numbering system?

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure how to do what you are suggesting - I had not thought of it and have no idea how to start. But I still think I would have a problem ...

For the record. I'm not scared of the repeat voices and like them when I'm playing the game. They are great indicators.

But for creating a movie ....

There are moments when the infantry is creeping carefully in hunting mode and some one nearby is yelling "GO! GO! GO!".

Other times everyone is hiding and quiet and someone yells out "LETS USE A LITTLE NOISE DISIPLNE!!!"

Seems everyone has a bullet to the thigh "ARG MY LEG!!"

It would just be way easier to remove all of the voice files and add in my own at the video level ....

Hopefully someone knows an easy fix.

Can anyone help me to remove the AI voices?

Well, the simplest solution I can think of would be to replace all the game's voice tracks with audio tracks that contain nothing but silence. I would use your favorite audio editing software (I use Audacity, myself - it's free and open source) to create a single .wav file with 1 second of silence, then make a bunch of copies of it and rename them to match all the voice files.

If you don't know how to track down the voice files, you could download somebody else's voice mod to get the names. That will show you how a mod should be put together and used, too.

Well, the simplest solution I can think of would be to replace all the game's voice tracks with audio tracks that contain nothing but silence. I would use your favorite audio editing software (I use Audacity, myself - it's free and open source) to create a single .wav file with 1 second of silence, then make a bunch of copies of it and rename them to match all the voice files.

If you don't know how to track down the voice files, you could download somebody else's voice mod to get the names. That will show you how a mod should be put together and used, too.

Awesome, thanks for the direction. Any idea where I can find anyone's voice mod? Link?

Appreciate the idea.