The Peng Challenge: Thread Blunder

Joe Shaw

Updates:

Noba - burning halftracks, kitties and IV's everywhere!!  I await his Cease Fire...{technically true}

Also technically true....

SP Guns of all types with holes all the way through, and through!

IS2's - Ditto.

Trucks - Basically twisted metal.

AA Guns - crewless twisted metal.

Numerous dead bodies and very large holes in the ground where his own planes bombed his troops.

All in all a comprehensive result which shows the total lack of tactical ability from a member of the Bird Brain House.

But then, that is to be expected I suppose.

Noba.

(Even Dalem plays better than him. Maybe...)

Updates:

Noba - burning halftracks, kitties and IV's everywhere!!  I await his Cease Fire...{technically true}

Nidan1 - relearning the American lesson of "Peace through superior firepower".  Keep hiding your infantry in buildings and I will keep knocking them down.

Boo Radley - continues to hide behind hedgerows and a river, rather then come to grips with my conscripted ditch diggers...

I am slightly nauseated reading all of these Aussie posts. In fact, as I read the MBT, I am beginning to sound like Steve Irwin in my head.  Hence the nausea.  I blame laggards like dalem, who appears to have reached an age requiring hibernation in the winter.

Quickly sburke, do something American to right my sense of the world.  You know, invent a game where the combined score of both opponents exceeds 3.

The Aussies would not be able to follow such a thing.  They can barely count to 3. Emrys get stuck at 1 and Boo, and the residents (squatters) of House Rune are all wondering what this counting thing we are referring to is.  Even God couldn't make OZville a nice place.

Seanachai and I have been waiting in the lobby of the same hotel you stayed in your last visit.

The security folks are beginning to give us "the eye".

The only thing surprising about that is that they didn't pounce on you as soon as you entered the door, throw you on the floor, and cuff your hands behind your back, in the process giving you a quick kick or two in the ribs. Anyway, that's what I would have done in their place.

Michael

The only thing surprising about that is that they didn't pounce on you as soon as you entered the door, throw you on the floor, and cuff your hands behind your back, in the process giving you a quick kick or two in the ribs. Anyway, that's what I would have done in their place.

Michael

wow you really are into the S&M bondage thing eh?  I thought Donkey was exaggerating about you and your VIP pass to the "special" room in the paddock, but I see I was wrong.

In Australia, lawyers and doctors represent the pinnacle of humanity. This is because the people who actually own the place don't live here - we don't get to mix with them and the lawyers and doctors are the best examples of humanity for tens of thousands of miles. So, we're a sad bunch who look up to tradesmen and middle-class professionals. Intellect, integrity, wholesomeness - what earthly use are any of these if the fruits of virtue are to be stolen away by our masters? Truthfully, many of us recognise that our most successful international role is as the rabid attack poodle of the west: the rest of us just want beer.

At least you lot are getting turns. I fear Nidan1 has departed on his Caribbean cruise without so much as a 'by your leave'.

What was the last turn you put in the dropbox folder, there Sparky?

I guess Ill reload my last ones to give you a hand, I know how hard it can be for you to count consecutive numbers.

Edited by Nidan1

If only Joe were here to tut at you for mangling the posts of your betters you'd be whistling out the other side of your dungeroos...

speedbump, I must be sure to update the archives of the Shavian House. On this date in the year of our liege Joe Shaw Knight Champion of the M.B.T., Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, Creator of the Peng Challenge Thread Podcast, CessPool Drain Commissioner and Founder of the Shavian House, Stuka did in fact express regret that our liege Joe Shaw Knight Champion of the M.B.T., Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, Creator of the Peng Challenge Thread Podcast, CessPool Drain Commissioner and Founder of the Shavian House was not present to admonish Boo for substandard posting performance.

Granted the odds that this actually demonstrates any significant increase in Oddstralian intelligence are slim to none, it does lend credence to the theory that given enough monkeys eventually one will type something significant.

Edited by sburke

If only Joe were here to tut at you for mangling the posts of your betters you'd be whistling out the other side of your dungeroos...

speedbump, I must be sure to update the archives of the Shavian House. On this date in the year of our liege Joe Shaw Knight Champion of the M.B.T., Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, Creator of the Peng Challenge Thread Podcast, CessPool Drain Commissioner and Founder of the Shavian House, Stuka did in fact express regret that our liege Joe Shaw Knight Champion of the M.B.T., Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, Creator of the Peng Challenge Thread Podcast, CessPool Drain Commissioner and Founder of the Shavian House was not present to admonish Boo for substandard posting performance.

Granted the odds that this actually demonstrates any significant increase in Oddstralian intelligence are slim to none, it does lend credence to the theory that given enough monkeys eventually one will type something significant.

So noted.  However, make the entry with the appropriate asterisk, as our Aussie "friend" Stuka ended his statement with a reference to dungaroos.  Clearly his fashion choice is geared to the Aussie version of Garanimals.  I find it hard to lend credence to someone dressed in bright colored children's clothing (with the matching animal tags so Stuka knows which pants go with which shirt).  

Additional updates:

Nidan1, who respects the Shavian House by returning a turn every day (as opposed to other less respectful "opponents"), watched in horror as another building, housing his weakened infantry, was dropped by my Shermans of Light .

Noba, taking a lesson from the disreputable Boo Radley, has sent a new scenario that appears to encompass the entire Western Europe landmass, with which I have two peashooters and a rubber band gun to defend.

Boo Radley, taking a lesson from the disreputable Noba, has hacked my movement orders causing my conscripted Poles to run out onto the riverbank they were defending, only to be cut down by the despicable Ami... I await a new game file....

And sburke, Squire extraordinaire of the Shavian House led by our liege Joe Shaw Knight Champion of the M.B.T., Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, Creator of the Peng Challenge Thread Podcast, CessPool Drain Commissioner and Founder of the Shavian House, has submitted his doctoral thesis on "An Anthropological Analysis of Aussie "Cultural" Development: Determination of the Greatest Influences; Criminal History, In-Breeding, or Sheep".  I anticipate that with the return of our liege Joe Shaw Knight Champion of the M.B.T., Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, Creator of the Peng Challenge Thread Podcast, CessPool Drain Commissioner and Founder of the Shavian House he will be defending his thesis...oh, who's kidding who, not much defense is required...

Edited by speedbump2

Additional updates:

Boo Radley, taking a lesson from the disreputable Noba, has hacked my movement orders causing my conscripted Poles to run out onto the riverbank they were defending, only to be cut down by the despicable Ami... I await a new game file....

In other words, Speedbump has surrendered. He's raised the white flag, writhed in the grip of my superior play, wet his kecks in fear of my tactical brilliance, he's flown the coop, he's lifted his petticoats over his bulbous head in shame.

Which, granted, is much better than how his leige ends a game when he realizes he's going to lose; by Simply. Not. Sending. Turns.

Yes, when Joe's had enough, he just scarpers off, like the big girl's blouse he truly is.

Sad, really.

And sburke, Squire extraordinaire of the Shavian House led by our liege Joe Shaw Knight Champion of the M.B.T., Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, Creator of the Peng Challenge Thread Podcast, CessPool Drain Commissioner and Founder of the Shavian House, has submitted his doctoral thesis on "An Anthropological Analysis of Aussie "Cultural" Development: Determination of the Greatest Influences; Criminal History, In-Breeding, or Sheep". I anticipate that with the return of our liege Joe Shaw Knight Champion of the M.B.T., Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, Creator of the Peng Challenge Thread Podcast, CessPool Drain Commissioner and Founder of the Shavian House he will be defending his thesis...oh, who's kidding who, not much defense is required...

As a result of the strange practices uncovered in the process of said research the following is a public service announcement.

According to the Chinese Lunar Calendar, this is the year of the goat (or sheep depending on interpretation not that it matters).

To all Aussies, this does NOT mean what you think. Please put your dungeroos (or whatever it is you wear in lieu of civilized clothing) back on.

To Emrys, it is NOT the year of the old goat. There will be no celebrations in your name, unless of course you are crushed by a local radio station dropping turkeys from a helicopter. That would be cause for great celebration and replacement finally of the Eagle with the Turkey as national bird (and many praises to Benjamin Franklin for his prescient views).

To Boo, this is NOT a family get together year for the Radley clan.

Edited by sburke