The Peng Challenge: Thread Blunder

Joe Shaw

Meanwhile, back at the front,

Nidan1 is deftly using his artillery to churn up the turf where I used to be and at the same time still averages losing at least one tank each turn (except for those turns where, just to be different, he runs a couple of platoons out into the open and gets caught in a HMG crossfire). He likes to multi-task. And

Speedbump urges his Polish conscripts to take a couple of potshots across the river, to be answered with a withering (Yes, I said withering) return fire from about half an armored company.

He's REALLY optimistic.

And BOTH Costard and Papa Khan are AWOL, the former with CM install issues and the latter from going to Californy for the holidays and not being heard from since....

Meanwhile, back at the front,

Speedbump urges his Polish conscripts to take a couple of potshots across the river, to be answered with a withering (Yes, I said withering) return fire from about half an armored company.

He's REALLY optimistic.

Actually, they were throwing potatoes (about all I have left).  Americans can't appreciate a good pierogi...

If I were playing any of you, you would be writhing in the grip of my superior play.

More like scratching from your fleas and black flies....

I am back lads ... but now I have to be gone again. A full week in Texas has to be followed by another full week in Texas followed by yet another full week in Des Moines. Those are some full weeks but I'm consoled by the reminder that the honor and glory that is the Shavian House is well maintained by Sir Speedbump and that Most Loyal and Trustworthy Squire sburke. Lay on with a will lads, these miscreants can only hope to contain us, they can't stop us.

pfft they can't even do that.  What they can do however is make a godawful mess.  The Aussies don't know what "facilities" are.  I guess they just go wherever they feel like when the need arises.  Those waders Stuka uses to stand at the bar all weekend are great until he decides to pass out, then they just pour out all over the floor.

Meanwhile Emrys thinks the bathroom is his private sleeping quarters.  Really wish he would understand that bowl is NOT a drinking fountain.  Donkey actually is the closest to getting it right, but that is only because he has decided Emrys is a good spot for "marking his territory" and Emrys is usually hanging over the bowl.

As to House Rune... that condemned structure is such an example of urban blight it is attracting tourists.  Tourists in the CessPool!!!!

I've discussed this with speedbump and we are thinking maybe a nice 20 megaton nuke would be enough to clear out the vermin.  Iffy , so perhaps we should go with something larger to be sure.

I am back lads...

Rats!

...but now I have to be gone again.

Well that much at least is some consolation.

Blah, blah blah... Lay on with a will lads, these miscreants can only hope to contain us...

Actually, our greatest hope is to excrete you at the earliest possible moment, like bad Mexican food.

Michael

While my liege Joe Shaw Knight Champion of the M.B.T., Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, Creator of the Peng Challenge Thread Podcast, CessPool Drain Commissioner and Founder of the Shavian House is an admirable example of inspired leadership, the attention you guys are bestowing on him and your insistence on fantasizing about him is getting right creepy.  Aren't there some kind or rules here about that?

And yes Emrys we are feeding you another opportunity for the same tired old joke intentionally, go get it boy!!

Edited by sburke

The attention you guys are bestowing on him and your insistence on fantasizing about him is getting right creepy.  Aren't there some kind or rules here about that?

Yes, Squire sburke, we reviewed this in the last lesson: Aussies are creepy.  That is the rule.  Now to reinforce the lesson, I would like a 3,500 word essay on how every character in Mad Max was creepy.

I realize I am a lowly squire, but isn't there an OSHA rule about too much exposure to Aussies or something?  I am a little nervous I could end up like Boo or even Emrys.  Next thing you know I'll be answering ads from that company that currently advertises "have you or a loved one suffered from Mesothelioma?" only it will be an illness from exposure to Aussies.  Ya think the Aussie gov't will put up a $30 billion fund for the victims?

Edited by sburke

the attention you guys are bestowing on him and your insistence on fantasizing about him is getting right creepy. 

Quite right lads, it seems that sburke is getting a little possessive over his master. If there is any OFJ fantasizing to be done, let's leave it to sburke.

Fixed that slight error for you.

While my liege Joe Shaw Knight Champion of the M.B.T., Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, Creator of the Peng Challenge Thread Podcast, CessPool Drain Commissioner and Founder of the Shavian House is an admirable example of insipid leadership.

Fixed that slight error for you.

Now that is just wrong. This joke was deliberately left for that half wit Emrys so he could feel like an actual contributor. Don't you feel any remorse? It is like stealing a toy from a child..... an ugly foul little child.

Edited by sburke

Yes, we can picture our Justicar entering one of Texas' more rustic drinking establishments frequented by chiselled and muscular cowboys and wotnot, his chaps flapping, approaching the bar and getting into some personal stetson space and announcing in the pure Utah we've all comed to love, "well lads, who's for some amortised debenture?"

I am back lads ... but now I have to be gone again. A full week in Texas has to be followed by another full week in Texas followed by yet another full week in Des Moines. Those are some full weeks but I'm consoled by the reminder that the honor and glory that is the Shavian House is well maintained by Sir Speedbump and that Most Loyal and Trustworthy Squire sburke. Lay on with a will lads, these miscreants can only hope to contain us, they can't stop us.

Seanachai and I have been waiting in the lobby of the same hotel you stayed in your last visit.

The security folks are beginning to give us "the eye".

When are you coming back?

Updates:

Noba - burning halftracks, kitties and IV's everywhere!!  I await his Cease Fire...{technically true}

Nidan1 - relearning the American lesson of "Peace through superior firepower".  Keep hiding your infantry in buildings and I will keep knocking them down.

Boo Radley - continues to hide behind hedgerows and a river, rather then come to grips with my conscripted ditch diggers...

I am slightly nauseated reading all of these Aussie posts. In fact, as I read the MBT, I am beginning to sound like Steve Irwin in my head.  Hence the nausea.  I blame laggards like dalem, who appears to have reached an age requiring hibernation in the winter.

Quickly sburke, do something American to right my sense of the world.  You know, invent a game where the combined score of both opponents exceeds 3.