The Peng Challenge: Thread Blunder

Joe Shaw

I am wroth with NG Cavscout, wroth indeed. On those rare occasions when I've lost games of CM I've made some of my best posts, but he has selfishly refused to provide me that opportunity.

We had two games going, one in Red Thunder and another in Market Garden and I had hoped that for once he might develop a modicum of tactical ability and I might have the opportunity to craft another of my all too rare concession posts.

But NOOOOOoooo ... He had to lose them both to me, the swine.

I'm just so ... Wroth right now.

He actually sends you turns!!! I find it curious that anyone would even lower themselves to play CM with you. Over the years you have bailed on me, and stopped sending turns on at least a dozen occasions. Understanding that his ancestry is aligned with yours ng cavscout has now adopted your MO and has stopped sending turns in our current Red Thunder battle. Perhaps he has realized that climbing the hills are not as easy as he originally thought they would be, but nevermind. I'm sure that once he rises from his current stupor he will do the right thing.

Bah

Joe Shaw mistakenly claims victory in a Red Thunder game that isn't even over yet and Nidan1 accuses me of not sending turns, when clearly I haven't received.... Umm... Hmm... Nevermind.

It's a plot I tell you.

Well at least Joe Shaw is proven wrong. Nidan1's large butterfly collar must have blocking my view of the Dropbox folder.

Bah

Joe Shaw mistakenly claims victory in a Red Thunder game that isn't even over yet and Nidan1 accuses me of not sending turns, when clearly I haven't received.... Umm... Hmm... Nevermind.

It's a plot I tell you.

Well at least Joe Shaw is proven wrong. Nidan1's large butterfly collar must have blocking my view of the Dropbox folder.

It's a foregone conclusion NG Cavscout, there's no need to wait for CM to confirm what we already know. And, of course, you completely fail to mention the MG game which HAS been officially terminated.

Bah

It's a plot I tell you.

Probably more like your closed eyelids were inhibiting clear vision, Propofol abuse can be dangerous.

He actually sends you turns!!! I find it curious that anyone would even lower themselves to play CM with you. Over the years you have bailed on me, and stopped sending turns on at least a dozen occasions. Understanding that his ancestry is aligned with yours ng cavscout has now adopted your MO and has stopped sending turns in our current Red Thunder battle. Perhaps he has realized that climbing the hills are not as easy as he originally thought they would be, but nevermind. I'm sure that once he rises from his current stupor he will do the right thing.
Screenshots or it didn't happen Nidan1. I personally don't recall a single instance of the phenomena you describe.

Well, Joe Shaw managed to fumble his way out of a Major Victory that I handed him by basically gifting him the death of my sole AFV, a Tiger, apparently commanded by a syphillitic, opium addicted, drunk that decided to give up a flank shot to an SU-122.

How did Joe Shaw not come out with a totally dominating major victory you ask? How did Joe Shaw manage to end the final turn with one of his "heroic" SMG infantry kneeling in supplication with his hands in the air you question with arched eyebrow?

Well, you see, Joe Shaw has an affinity for running squads of infantry out into the boulevard in the teeth of several MG-42's dug into buildings with overlapping fields of fire.

The cease fire negotiating parties had to pick their way towards each other over carpets of dead Soviets and through gutters running red with the blood of the Workers and the Peasants valiant defenders, poorly used by their hunched, twitching, and maniacally cackling master.

Screenshots or it didn't happen Nidan1. I personally don't recall a single instance of the phenomena you describe.

Get serious Joe, these game dumping events took place back in the CMx1 days. You have been gone playing WWI dog fighting games for years now. Just to keep it real, why don't we get together and play a battle in the new arena?

No one from Ohio should be commenting on who is and isn't a true member of the human family...

He is one to talk, he can't even get your handle written correctly.

Doesn't mean he lacks an opposeable thumb, but your handle is prominently displayed many times throughout this thread. It could just mean he can't read.

Well Michael at least I have the gumption to play actual people and then own up to the result here in public.

"Actual people"??? That's a good hearty laugh. And as for "owning up," you seem to have a very selective memory. But I will leave others to pick that particular bone with you. Frankly, that they were even willing to send you a single turn is proof—if any was needed—of their mental deficiency.

Michael

Well, Joe Shaw managed to fumble his way out of a Major Victory that I handed him by basically gifting him the death of my sole AFV, a Tiger, apparently commanded by a syphillitic, opium addicted, drunk that decided to give up a flank shot to an SU-122.

How did Joe Shaw not come out with a totally dominating major victory you ask? How did Joe Shaw manage to end the final turn with one of his "heroic" SMG infantry kneeling in supplication with his hands in the air you question with arched eyebrow?

Well, you see, Joe Shaw has an affinity for running squads of infantry out into the boulevard in the teeth of several MG-42's dug into buildings with overlapping fields of fire.

The cease fire negotiating parties had to pick their way towards each other over carpets of dead Soviets and through gutters running red with the blood of the Workers and the Peasants valiant defenders, poorly used by their hunched, twitching, and maniacally cackling master.

Let's see, what WAS the final result of that game? Let me check my records ... yes, yes I see it again ... it was a Soviet VICTORY, minor to be sure but a victory none the less. As to the commander of the Tiger ... I had no idea ... I'm told that there are medications that might help however.

And again you fail to even mention the Market Garden scenario which saw one of your tanks killed by a PIAT, two others by my ONLY tank and a fourth by plain old fashioned Tommies without an AT weapon to their name. That one, if memory serves, was a MAJOR Victory.

So you may obfuscate all you wish my friend, but the ledger is heavily weighted to my side at present.

Joe

"In Ohio, if you ignore an orator on Decoration day to such an extent as to publicly play croquet or pitch horseshoes within one mile of the speaker’s stand, you can be fined $25."

It is also illegal to get a fish drunk or to fish for whales on a Sunday in Ohio.

Yep, that Ohio, quite the beacon of enlightenment and modernity....

Wisconsin on the other hand has such eminently sensible laws as

"State Law made it illegal to serve apple pie in public restaurants without cheese."

"Butter substitutes are not allowed to be served in state prisons."

and

"It is a class A misdemeanor to wave a burning torch around in the air."

That last one is good news for Boo Radley, stops the peasants from chasing him down with torches and pitchforks. Now they can only use the pitchfork.

One of the major causes of increased carbon in our atmosphere.

Perhaps if the Environmental Crazies thought about nuking Wisconsin we could clear up the climate change issue once and for all and stop blaming China, India and West Virginia for polluting the planet.