New Mission - Into the Green

Just finished it and got a major victory. Cleared the first two suspect compounds but ran out of time for the third. Have to say getting back into this game, the AI isnt the best. A group of technicals arrived near the end of the scenario with time running out, and they arrived quite close to Alma with SPG-9's, PK and HMG's. Looking at my defences i thought this wasnt looking good, but my forces at FOB Alma managed to suppress them, with pretty much just two or three sections with mostly just small arms with a few rifle grenades, and i used my ANA FO at Jundi to call in mortars and 105's...they never fired a single shot back, whats that about? find it hard to believe they were all suppressed by mainly small arms fire and not a great deal of it. My troops were firing at them from over 300m away. Great scenario though i enjoyed it.

Casualties were 8, think i previously said 10 but got that wrong, finished with 8 and 2 of those killed. Succeeded in ammo conservation and collateral damage, though overall i failed for parameters but for targets and ground i got acceptable. Not bad for my first proper scenario on such a big map commanding a company plus sized force after so long of not playing the game. Didnt even use all of my mortar or 105 ammo, and only called in one air strike dropping a single bomb which was very precise- must have been a LGB- i see in the previous page Combatintman you show a pic of a GBU-12 explosion, that must have been what the Harrier dropped for me too.

Edited by cns180784

The TUM vehicle with ammo for resupply was only needed to replenish UGL grenades for one section of a platoon from 2 Para. Overall my ammo usage was low and i got the points for that in the end. Whenever i had contact with the enemy and they were in good defensive positions such as irrigation ditches, i would straight away call in a mortar fire mission, for the irrigation ditches i'd use a linear fire mission and was very effective, except on one occasion when i though a ditch was cleared of Taliban after a linear mortar strike on it but one survived and managed to inflict 3 casualties to my ANA when they moved through a nearby ditch (one killed).

That brings me on to clarifying something- i see for this mission and in others that for example it states casualties must be kept below 5% with condition at least 90%. I read in the manual that casualties are soldiers that are killed- where condition relates to a force and is depleted by wounded soldiers (yellow) incapacitated (red) and routed soldiers. Before i read this i thought condition relates to your soldiers overall fatigue by the end of the scenario so the more soldiers you have that are tired or worse, exhausted then the less condition your force is in. I'm sure in real life casualties covers seriously wounded (incapacitated) and killed soldiers, is this right?

I had just 2 soldiers killed in this scenario so i was well under the 5%. As for condition well i had 6 incapacitated with none wounded or routed so passed that easily too.