Now that Red Thunder has Been out for a While

db_zero

1. FI. I like the setting, the terrain is definitely a huge factor without being as frustrating as bocage, I'm not playing with early/mid-war cripple-tanks, there is an interesting variation in composition between the two forces and engine improvements.

2. BN. Loads of content, plenty of scenarios, some great campaigns, Market-Garden doesn't really interest me much but at least added something besides the airborne operation.

3. SF. I like modern forces, the asymmetric tactics involved, the setting is especially timely and it had tons of content.

4. RT. Just not interesting to me at all.

:))

CMRT (Only because I'm a East front junky)

CMBN with modules esp Market Garden as you get away from bocage and great urban fighting (without it would be third)

CMSF with modules (Can't wait for the next modern game which I reckon will become my No1, those who haven't played CMSF you'll be in shock and awe at the toys you have and the power of the weapons in the modern war version)

STill don't own CMFI.

Extra: Re CMSF, I have now also found mods for Africa scenarios, Israel, Ghurkas, the French, Australian, India, Afghanistan and Twilight 2000(!).

While you can't model many "foreign" vehicles like the Merkava in CMSF, it does allow one to mod infantry and light vehicles for almost all the above forces.

Extra: Re CMSF, I have now also found mods for Africa scenarios, Israel, Ghurkas, the French, Australian, India, Afghanistan and Twilight 2000(!).

While you can't model many "foreign" vehicles like the Merkava in CMSF, it does allow one to mod infantry and light vehicles for almost all the above forces.

I think I need to revisit CMSF. It was my first CM game, discovered quite by accident while checking YouTube for Bradley AFV footage. I have all the modules...Marines and Brit were my favorites. But I uninstalled it May 2011 when CMBN was released.

As for WWII, I like them all and it is just a matter of which theater I feel like playing atm.

They are all freaken great.

Only fools rate them

But CMFI/GL has provided me with the best battles so far.

I can think of some very interesting H2H matches I have had in that series.

Plus I really enjoyed the campaigns in them the most also.

Did I just rate it, Oh I am a fool

Heh, yep you called yourself a fool fool lol.