CMSF needs an active screenshot thread

Great screens sburke. I haven't played the Ramadi scenario or map but I have read Joker One and all the references to the platoons have me wanting to give it a try.

Well don't do it the way I am. LOL I just went back and read the forum thread from it's release. Apparently I have been going at it all wrong. :D

Read this before diving in

https://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=92372&page=23

It will not disappoint you having read Joker One.

Kieme has created much better walls. (No European-style bricks in the ME. Kieme uses the larger breeze blocks.) At least the walls show up much better in the scenarios I am playing. Those may be Kieme's buildings and windows.

Yeah the only thing I am not using is the highway option, it looks really bad with the way LLF used highway tiles for MSR Michigan. Everything else looks really really good.

I am sure that my walls look a lot better than what I see in the pic. You may want to check your other terrain mods and see if there is interference.

Actually Kieme's are the only mod I have in CMSF currently. I haven't gone through since relaoding to add them back in. What you are seeing is more likely the effect of fraps/editing in Picassa/loading to photobucket.

Mind loading up a shot of how you see them? Curious just to see if I am getting everything out of my video card that I should.

• 2 weeks later...

Saferight - "Not bad for a 7 yr old game."

How true! Had some free time this AM.

Pulled out the old 2008 MBP. Fired up a few saved games, NATO Bier und Brezel, Flank Guard, NATO Alamo, Daraya Tank Raid V4, Sir George's "Steelers", Mali Mayhem, etc..

A few hours of modern game enjoyment... in a 7 yr old game!

Battlefront gives plenty of BANG for your bucks.

CMBS 3.0+ is gonna ROCK! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so I really liked that book and decided to see if I could reproduce something like the opening chapter. A quick raid to snatch a high priority target.

Started great. On LLF's Ramadi map was able to hit the house deep in enemy territory in under 5 minutes.

US infantry pouring out at target house sealing off the block.

Stryker001_zps52f43c31.jpg

Stryker002_zps94c361a2.jpg

Stryker003_zps057b7dae.jpg

Edited by sburke

Time to exfil. Alerted militia opens fire on the convoy

Stryker013_zps2ac627b0.jpg

US Infantry returning fire

Stryker014_zps165861a7.jpg

Luck runs out - an rpg team in ambush

Stryker015_zps471ce4bf.jpg

Stryker016_zps51ebf03d.jpg

Stryker017_zps316b8793.jpg

The occupants were uninjured and bailed into a nearby house. Call goes out for QRF as there isn't enough transport to evacuate everyone now. And the militia hornet's nest has been disturbed. Stay tuned.

Lt Romaniecki orders 1st platoon to dismount and seek cover. Once out of their Strykers he orders the platoon to expand the perimeter by blowing a wall into the compound across the street and occupying positions in two additional buildings. 1st and 3rd squads move out.

Stryker018_zps24054ae0.jpg

stryker019_zpse6e95665.jpg

Stryker021_zps9fc8bacd.jpg

Stryker023_zps8d658579.jpg

Meanwhile the clock is ticking, militia units are racing to the sound of the guns

stryker020_zpsb8560531.jpg