Where is CMRT patch?

togi

Hello BFC team,

Is there any news about CMRT patch?

We are waiting since release in order to be corrected "shadow and shader bugs after hit decals"

What is the situation of this patch that was planned before CMFI and CMBN 3.0 installations ?

what is the reason for this delay ?

Regards

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ChrisND, could you please ask the testers to try out the Red Thunder TCP wego game feature and specifically ask them to save and restore a game and see what happens to the game sync after that - I have filed a bug report that there are sync issues in the new 3.0 CMFI engine and I have a concern the code is the same in the upcoming RT patch

thanks!

Seems I must always use Hamachi to connect.

The game connects in fine without the overhead of third party vpn's.

The host of the game needs to forward port 7023 to the host computer for the game to connect. You may need to do some googling with your router model number on how to achieve that.

However it is usually straight forward and takes a minute or two to accomplish.

The other thing I see host players do is quote their IP as quoted by the game, to their opponent - this will never connect due to the game showing the internal network IP, not their router's external IP. Just type into google 'what is my ip' and it will give you the correct IP to send.

FYI - There is a pretty nasty Mac bug. CMRT appears to quit but the process is still running. You can make it quit with Cmd-Opt-Esc and the computer will not restart. It has to be manually powered off. I have not seen any other application that can do this to Mac OS X. I'm on version 10.9.4. It is not easily replicatable. When I quit the game and the UI quit but I see the the 2nd CMRT icon still active on the dock I know it has happened. I can actually launch CMRT again and play a game but I can't make the other process quit. Eventually when it's time to restart or shutoff the computer I have to do a hard reset. I haven't seen any clues in the console as to what is going on. If nobody else has reported this let me know and I will try to gather more info.

FYI - There is a pretty nasty Mac bug. CMRT appears to quit but the process is still running. You can make it quit with Cmd-Opt-Esc and the computer will not restart. It has to be manually powered off. I have not seen any other application that can do this to Mac OS X. I'm on version 10.9.4. It is not easily replicatable. When I quit the game and the UI quit but I see the the 2nd CMRT icon still active on the dock I know it has happened. I can actually launch CMRT again and play a game but I can't make the other process quit. Eventually when it's time to restart or shutoff the computer I have to do a hard reset. I haven't seen any clues in the console as to what is going on. If nobody else has reported this let me know and I will try to gather more info.

Hmm, I don't think I've seen this reported, thanks. Please post it to the tech support forum for CMRT so it doesn't get lost.

FYI - .... CMRT appears to quit but the process is still running. ......

I have accidentally started CMRT Mac twice on my hackintosh. Two CMRT icons in dock. I close the one CMRT in normal fashion and Cmd-Opt-Esc deals with closing the other CMRT in my 10.9.4 system with no hard reset required.

• 2 weeks later...

As for how things actually happened, we had expected to get the Red Thunder patch out months BEFORE the upgrades. But the stupid building bug continued to defy an easy fix. We thought we had it fixed several times, but it didn't turn out that way. While this was going on we continued working on the Upgrades since we do have the ability to work on more than one thing at a time. The Upgrades wound up being done before the bug was fixed and in fact delayed the Upgrades. We fixed the bug (we think!) and released the Upgrades because they were the bigger thing on our plates at the time. We expected to turn around and release the Red Thunder patch a week or two later. Unfortunately DRM issues crept into the mix and we've been having problems getting the thing to run reliably. So it's been dragged out unexpectedly.

• 2 weeks later...

Togi,

Glad you asked. It seems that Phil left it on the table for Charles, but someone left the window open. Charles didn't see it on the table and merely thought that Phil still had it. Best we can come up with is that a breeze blew it off the table. It may be behind the refrigerator, but no one is eager to move it.

:)

Okay, almost nothing of the above is true, but none of it broke my NDA.

Ken