Sign in to follow this  
Hpt. Lisse

Repeated crash dumps since 3.0 upgrade

...and yes, I copied over the initial installer with the newer one.

Scenario is 6 Panzer Regiment auf dem Vormarsh. Crash occurs when computing WEGO turn. Same thing is happening on my both tower & laptop. (that's Win 8.1 64 & Nvidia/ Win 7 64 & Nvidia).

Actually, I might have started this battle before the new installer came out... would that corrupt a game in progress?

Many Thanks -

I would suggest starting a new game. The update should not in general corrupt a game in progress, but you might have been suffering from one of the bugs that was fixed. If so it could mess with the PBEM file.

I just got a crashdump error when computing a turn in CMBN 3.0 single player wego (latest installer). As this is only my second scenario I'm not sure if this is going to be a recurring problem or not. Though I haven't seen this error before in CMRT or older versions of CMBN or CMFI. If anyone would like to look at the crash dump file - let me know.

Intel I5 4670 @3.4GHz

GTX760

8G Ram

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250G

weta nz - had you started this particular scenario before applying the 3.0 installer? Had you used the old installer, then updated it with the new one?

Strange thing for me was that I had played some turns earlier in the day, I'd say six or eight, with no problems. But it was opening move stuff, no real contact w/enemy yet.

No, it was a scenario (last defense v3) I started after applying latest update. I was ~ 15 turns into the game (so the firefight was well underway) when it crashed trying to compute the turn. It crashed at ~ 90% completion of computing time.

cheers

I have had dump crashes like this in CMFI. I suspect that mods might cause the problem (I forgot to remove them during update to 3.0). In the scenario I played, some mods where loaded and some not. Got dump crash when loading dealership to check out mods status. I have dump file.

Ah, I too did not remove the mods when installing 3.0 - interesting. Do you get the crash when you remove the Z folder?

The "dealership" crashes but the scenario I'm playing doesn't so it might be on account of one or two mods that are present in whatever you play. I will remove mods altogether and try again.

Update: After removing mods the game works as it should. But I miss Aris' tanks :(

If you remove the mods and start a fresh game, do you still get a crash?

Just wanted to reply that without mods, I have played a couple of games with no crash dump :). Funny thing was I didn't have very many mods due to a reinstall. I think the only mods I had was some transparent tree mods - so not sure if they were the cause or I just got lucky. I guess I can put the mods back in to the Z folder and see if I get a crash dump again.

Any progress weta nz? Very curious, I believe I had the transparent tree mod, too. But my Z folder is nearly 5 GB large now, it would be hard to nail down what was causing my crash dumps... I suppose I could try to analyze just the units of that particular battle & if anything new showed up that particular turn it always bombs out on...

Yup I definitely only had transparent tree mods and a bocage mod. I have since added the transparent trees back with no problems. I haven't tried adding the bocage mod back into my mod folder.

Sign in to follow this