Is anyone interested in WW1 scenarios?

fry30

I imagine that it might be fairly easy to put together some scenarios. I have a World War I scenario that I for the life of me have no idea the author is. I might have made it in some drug induced daze, or perhaps one of you fine gentlemen did it. Either way, I've been messing around with different elevations and either placing trenches in the editor or road tiles in the middle. I figure for units you could just use some of the larger rifle squads that don't have a lmg or submachine gun. I've been reading Archibald Barwick's diary as of recently, a great read by the way and available online for free.

I have a few scenarios in my head that I would like to create. Maybe a bit of Gallipoli with some ANZACS... a small unit action in one of the forts at Verdun. Actions around Passchendaele. I am thinking about perhaps messing around with some of the terrain files, but I'm not sure what I want to include yet.

Using the map swap utility, available somewhere online, I figure we can make maps for either CMBB East Front, and/or we fudge the troops nationalities, and CMAK with most of the combatants fighting under their own flag.

-----------

My last question is, has anyone ever attempted this. I've tried to find WW1 scenarios, and aside from the one I have on my computer, that's perhaps the only one I've "found". Any info would be awesome!

Yes, I think I am going to do that. Seeing as it is, however, that you have been here since, jeez, 2001, do you remember any CMx1 World War 1 scenarios? Like I said I do have one on my HD, and I honestly don't know if I picked it up at GAJ's site or put it together myself, but even if I didn't create/edit it, it doesn't really have much to it. Perhaps I'll upload it here. It is a heck of a map, with a great load of trenches (you have to play it as a scenario, unfortunately no QBs as the map takes great advantage of trench "units"). I think this engine is good for a WW1 game as you are really abstracting a lot of the game with regard to aesthetics.

Anywho... I might just post what I have, and hopefully I am not just re-posting up someone else's work. But if anyone stumbles across this end of the forum, I ask YOU!->

Have you heard of any WW1 type mods for CMBB or CMAK? !!! The dreaded boche await!

I have one, but I really need to fine tune it with briefings and other small polishes. I'd say its about as good as you can get without adding any graphic mods. I want a Passchendaele type of look so I set it in the rain, which would also account for some areas that appear flooded. I think its fairly neat, and although I still can't remember putting it together, I'll try and get around to fixing it up and posting it here.

* I still feel kind of guilty about the map's author. If I did do it, however, I put the damned Germans as attacking. I'd rather have the allies have a go at it, but for now it appears to be Germans and Anzacs on the Western Front. As the trenches are basically 99% of the work, I don't think I'll be getting around to switching out all the trenches or find a working alternative any time soon.