Campaign Engel Bug after 3.0 Install

I can report a weird result. I'm playing with v3.0. I checked with a fresh start of the campaign (no saved game) to see what was up. Both times I started up CMBN and loaded the campaign first thing.

When I first checked the campaign this morning, the AT gun was indeed missing. This team starts the first scenario loaded onto a halftrack, and I saw the crew (and ammo) but no gun on the back of the vehicle. Unloading the team put them on the ground with no gun. Loading and unloading them made no change. The AT gun was definitely absent.

However, just now, I fired up the campaign scenario again because I wanted to make sure of what I saw before posting here. This time the AT gun was present. It was limbered at the back of the halftrack and could be loaded and unloaded with no problem. The gun was definitely there.

I made no change to my installation between these two tests.

Ian,I did unload the crew and issued them move orders, they dont move , they stay"stuck"behind the HT.Still no at gun.I will reload the campaign as Martyr did and see if it appears.

Just to be clear (because my earlier post might be ambiguous), the gun didn't reappear after a save game reload. I started the campaign fresh both times. Once the gun was there, and once it wasn't.

Both of my machines are Win 7 ultimate x64 intel (different generation) and nvidia (different generation) powered machines. Both have this issue. After seeing this situation on my desktop, prior to upgrading the laptop, I checked the 2.12 install on the laptop to verify the gun was present - it was. Both CMBN installs are unmodded.

After extracting the scenario from the campaign, the only way I was able to get a pak 40 into the scenario was to delete the one currently assigned and add a different one. Once the different Pak40 was added it had to be deployed unattached to the halftrack. I could then attach it in the setup phase. I don't know enough about how campaigns are made to make a fix for this but I am willing to look into it.

Mad Mike created CMx2_ScAn_CaDe_v1.5 (googling will take you to GaJ's place) which can extract battles from campaigns.

I have tried ceasefiring through the campaign and in two of the scenarios where the guns starts out setup rather than towed it is there. Unfortunately the very last battle has it setup and it is not there.

What is your pc config?

It is a good question...

I thought it had something to do with the gun being towed by the halftrack (for a while I thought it was due to the map edge because when I deleted and then added the gun back in it wouldn't attach to the halftrack until I moved it away from the edge), but in the last battle it is supposed to be deployed and is missing. But now I am pondering the same question you are.

I ceasefired my way through again and was able to locate the gun in every scenario but the last one. In every battle where it is supposed to be connected to the halftrack its base is on the SW corner of the map, in "crossing the dives" the gun was on its base, in the others the gun was off the map below its base.

In two of the 3 scenarios where it starts deployed it is on the map. In the last battle there is no trace of it that I can find. By crew location I assume it is supposed to start the battle behind a section of bocage (successfully done in two other scenarios in this campaign). I am assuming a different issue is preventing it from being in the battle than when it is supposed to be hooked up to the halftrack since I couldn't find a base for it anywhere on the map - including in buildings and underwater.

I have tried to recreate the issue in the editor and have so far been unsuccessful when using a fresh map so I am hopeful this is a one-off deal. It is puzzling none the less.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled on my laptop. I still have the issue. I asked a friend to start the campaign on his computer and send me the saved setup file which he did. When I loaded that saved game the gun was where it is supposed to be. I wonder if anyone else with this problem could confirm that in the first battle the gun's base is on the SW corner tile of the map while the gun is hovering in space ~100m below.

edit: ticket submitted