ETA on Mac upgrade ?

For all of the children on here posting about "oh my system is better than your system" please save it for a social media site. This thread is for Mac users keenly awaiting 3.0 and nothing more

Grateful CC. I suspect Battlefront will get CMBN / CMFI up to CMRT Mac level with their Mac 3.0 upgrades. Count me in Mac user keenly awaiting 3.0 upgrade.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of the children on here posting about "oh my system is better than your system" please save it for a social media site. This thread is for Mac users keenly awaiting 3.0 and nothing more

I was just having a little fun in jest. Macs are ok and it where I'm at mac and PC users like to poke fun at one another for fun, but we all get along in the end.

I think in general the PC in general is a platform in decline as tablets and other mobile devices have skyrocketed in popularity. Also saw a recent article that describes how multi core processors sit ilde as programmers have developed multi core programs.

Enough of the thread hijack...

Hope you all get you're 3.0 upgrade for the MAC soon and it all works well. Then we'll all be on the same version and the battles can resume.:D

+1

And happily bumping this thread since it's been several days now. Not that I'm worried or anything, but I have plans to make, you know... :cool:

When CMBN/FI Mac 3.0 Upgrades are on offer... one of my plans is take a week off to enjoy the essentially new games I get with upgrades!

Another is replay some of the most enjoyable scenarios from CMBN/FI in 3.0 upgrade versions and see the refinements .. in detail.

Rest... Repeat :D

iOS 8 was slotted for an official release on Sept. 17.

...OS X Yosemite maybe ready for download together with iOS 8... to allow features in both iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite to be used asap.

...OS X Yosemite could be released on September 19.

Dates are uncertain and will be unknown until revealed directly by Apple.

OS X Yosemite isn't officially supposed to come out until sometime this fall.

"2014, the autumnal equinox brings the fall season to the Northern Hemisphere on: September 22 at 10:29 P.M. EDT. "

All this says... soon... maybe;)

CMBN/FI Mac 3.0 Upgrades should be ready after we see if Apple's OpenGL graphic drivers are 'unbroken' and fully functional in OS X Yosemite.

EVO Hackintosh (currently fighting in the East) is ready for CMBN/FI Mac 3.0 Upgrades... and CMBS Mac later this Fall.

Technically September 22 is Fall 2014 = 10 days from tonight :).... not "weeks or months away."

"Dates are uncertain and will be unknown until revealed directly by Apple."

I do not have inside scoop on Battlefront's release dates for CMBN/FI Mac 3.0 upgrades.

If I was a small company in a similar position, I would not release a Mac 3.0 upgrade till I was certain what Apple was or was not including in their OS X Yosemite release.

The CMBN/FI Mac 3.0 upgrades will be worth the extra care Battlefront is supplying.

Apple Mavericks OSX 10.9.2 security update … way back in February 2014… was shambolic execution by Apple. I agree with waiting to know if Apple has any more surprises in store with Yosemite.

Apple’s 10.9.2 screw up persuaded me to build the EVO Hackintosh … by far = Best “Mac” ;) I have ever owned.

We're working on the Mac upgrades at the moment. I'm hoping to get them released soon. We had some pretty significant issues to tackle.

Edit: And yep, testing it on Yosemite as well! :)

Thank you for the update Phil. Your Mac work is reliable and potent =CMRT Mac.

If the CMBN/CMFI Mac 3.0 upgrades resemble CMRT Mac (they should) ... I suspect every Mac CM player will be thankful you made the time to tackle these significant issues and tested the upgrades on Yosemite:)

You are welcome Michael. :) Macs and Hack-intoshers should soon be "In for the Win!"

As Phil said....'We're working on the Mac upgrades at the moment. I'm hoping to get them released soon. We had some pretty significant issues to tackle.

... yep, testing it on Yosemite as well!'

I know Phil & Battlefront can and will tackle any pretty significant issues. I wish Apple would tackle the pretty significant issues and then CMBN/CMFI Mac 3.0 upgrades are released for our entertainment pleasure on the front end.

Hi, glad to hear you are testing on Yosemite. Although I have had very minor issues with CMBN (mainly crashing some Huge Scenarios and the Road to Nijmagen campaign), I am looking forward to the modifications in 3.0 that I have enjoyed in CMRT.

Definitely ready to download the 3.0 engine....

Thank you for taking the time to test Yosemite.

If possible, please test V3 with the MacAir. Make sure to run a scenario and look at the unit labels.

Despite considerable help from your support section, I have not been able to load a properly working version of CMBN, the v1 patch, and the CW module on my MacAir. All the CMBN components, including MG up to V2.00.10 do work just fine on my MacBook Pro. So, I am pretty sure it's not me.

On my MacAir (Mavericks), I was able to load CMBN + v1 patch, and also CMBN + CW. All three together appeared to work, but the subunits had labels from CMSF. Some German infantry squads, for example, were labeled as being armed with Saggers. (Oh, that it were true.)

Back come ‘in country’ and in the world of cable internet.

Made some time today to update the EVO Hackintosh to Apple’s 10.9.5, the fifth major update to OS X Mavericks. Apple is consistent ;)

Apple either can't or won't fix the piece of OpenGL they broke in 10.9.2… back in February 2014. As Phil noted… Apple has broken this piece of OpenGL CM uses pretty thoroughly.

10.9.5 default driver shows no graphics improvement on CMBN/FI/SF but it did not break CMRT.

I also tried NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.9.5 (334.01.03f01)

No graphics improvement with NVIDIA web driver on CMBN/FI/SF but it did not break CMRT.

I reverted back to 10.9.5 default driver.

It is good to hear that CMBN/FI 3.0 Upgrades are not far off …..”There were a series of Mac-related issues we needed to work through. Also compatibility testing for 10.10 and 10.9.5. It should be released shortly.” :)

From Phil Culliton “…At this point there have been multiple minor updates with no fix. There is no way around it for us. I have worked on the issue extensively and we can't eliminate the broken OpenGL piece without a complete rewrite of portions of our pipeline... which would necessitate a patch being released one way or the other.”

I can understand how frustrating this must be for Phil and Battlefront. They are hosed by Apple busting this piece of OpenGL. They are communicating with Apple telling them how to fix what the OpenGL Apple broke … hoping Apple would step up in minor updates 10.9.3-4-5 to fix it… but Apple did not :(

Exceptional to hear Phil raised the question internally of doing an immediate hotfix including the workaround for the Mac version of CMSF… with a timeline when he has one! That would rehabilitate ALL of the scenarios in the Mac CMSF bundle! :D

Thanks Phil & Battlefront.

EVO Hackintosh Specs:

3.89 GHz Intel Core i7

Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4096 MB

OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

DELL U2713HM Display

2560 x 1440

Read in a couple of places the suspected Yosemite release date is October 21st ... of this year:) to coincide with their reveal of new iPads.

If true, Yosemite will be released about a month after Fall equinox tonight ... so it qualifies as "Fall...ish." ;)