CMBN Whiners thread!

It was an example. I did get Command Modern Air Naval Operations.

This game is a full sandbox with no limits and they will being patching it for 12yrs as well.

It uses the world google maps and can load in any map image into game editor.

They have no problem with community third party support.

You have the Steam DLC mindset that every friggin graphic is worth $10 and will throw in these bug fixes as well.

The main point is if you are going to retrofit then do it all at once and charge once don't dribble it out like its something it's not.

How can they retrofit only once if the game is in a continual process of change? For example many folks want tank riders, but that means all the tank models need to be redone to add spots for infantry. We could have waited a really long time for that or we can get triggers etc now. I think you'd find pretty much the entire community disagreeing with you, however YOU are free to not upgrade now and just wait. You could not upgrade for the next 10 years and then do it all at once and likely for $10. You'd have to do without those features for 10 years but isn't that essentially what you are proposing with a one time upgrade? Instead you whine like BF is supposed to have figured out a way around the time space continuum.

And those of us who appreciate what all comes with 3.0 would quibble with you over the term "dribble". :D

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh please. No one is forcing you to pay for new content. You have 2.0 so enjoy 2.0. A matter of principle you claim? OK. Fine. Go sell your CMx stuff at a - say - $30 loss to maintain your principled purity in the face of a $10 upgrade. Quelle Horreur.

Are you deliberately trying to out bid my $20? :eek:

How can they retrofit only once if the game is in a continual process of change? For example many folks want tank riders, but that means all the tank models need to be redone to add spots for infantry. We could have waited a really long time for that or we can get triggers etc now. I think you'd find pretty much the entire community disagreeing with you, however YOU are free to not upgrade now and just wait. You could not upgrade for the next 10 years and then do it all at once and likely for $10. You'd have to do without those features for 10 years but isn't that essentially what you are proposing with a one time upgrade? Instead you whine like BF is supposed to have figured out a way around the time space continuum.

And those of us who appreciate what all comes with 3.0 would quibble with you over the term "dribble". :D

I paid btw only cause I was forced like apple forced music companies to sell to their itunes or not sell at all.

The issue is you overblow the importance of you're efforts - then scream when anybody not a fanbouy, complain about your justifications for blackmail.

The people who developed CMANO will be patching for free and if there is and expansion it might be adding a full blown land combat and that would be a expansion.

The thing is you already did 3 times. So I know you are just milking the teat for all it's worth just cop to it and get over the melodrama justifications.

I paid btw only cause I was forced like apple forced music companies to sell to their itunes or not sell at all.

The issue is you overblow the importance of you're efforts - then scream when anybody not a fanbouy, complain about your justifications for blackmail.

The people who developed CMANO will be patching for free and if there is and expansion it might be adding a full blown land combat and that would be a expansion.

The thing is you already did 3 times. So I know you are just milking the teat for all it's worth just cop to it and get over the melodrama justifications.

Wow! So don't pay the 10 bucks? Seems easy to do.

LOL I think you guys are having trouble understanding blackmail. It only works if it is a secret he does not want publicly known. :D

Kudos to @bobo this thread is awesome - keeps some of the silly threads down and very entertaining.

Okay then, how about ideas gentlemen. What do you think BF is blackmailing Daroc with? And put at least as much creativity in as is shown in new features threads.

BF used Blackshades RAT to hack Daroc's webcam and have explicit images of him doing the twiddle to his diddle while playing those provocative expensive war games from Matrix.:eek:

"What's that Matrix? You want me to tip $10 in gold so you can upgrade me for FREE so I can reach my 'objective'?. No problem, I'm getting something FREE. Private upgrade? What's that?":o

A nephew's problems used as basis for this drama, no nephews were harmed in the making.

Mech.Gato

Daroc had better get his tinfoil hat ready to block the BF "mind-control/mind- reading super secret spy satellite" funded by the slush fund of $10 upgrades fed to the masses. That is how BF gathered intel on Daroc. They have a mental picture of him in the park letting the squirrels touch his nuts.:eek:

BTW the spy satellite is a helium balloon with a cell phone duct taped to it. BF is cheap bastards, ask Daroc!;)

Mech.Gato

Daroc discovered BF is putting fluoride in the drinking water and it is draining the essence of his manhood. Just ask his physician, Dr. Strangelove. BF denies having any such activities and reputes Daroc's flaccid accusations.:eek:

Daroc, unable to rise to BF's counter-challenge due to his own dysfunctions has let BF control him. He is like Silly-Putty in their hands.:P

Mein Fuehrer! I can walk!

Mech.Gato

This message approved by:

President Merkin Muffley

Premier Kissoff

If Daroc did not exist, we would have to invent one.

;)

Michael

I was blackmailed by having to play only PBEM and you need latest and greatest.

The game has day one bugs and you charge for makeup (ATV AI still is dumb as dirt).

The game I am referring to is Matrix's CMANO http://www.matrixgames.com/products/483/details/Command:.Modern.Air.Naval.Operations.

I have an investment in this game and forced to play by your rules and not allowed to state the facts. The fact is most of the stuff you charge for is not a full expansion. You justify the the upgrade yet not give all the benefits of the new upgrade (tank riders trying to sell it by historical rather then poor programming excuse).

Just cop to the real reason you want to nickel and dime for stuff that should be free. Most of that big list of reasons for making another $10.00 upgrade are bug fixes.

EA plays a better game of this then you with the Sims 3 but then again they are only fooling little girls mainly.

The game has day one bugs and you charge for makeup (ATV AI still is dumb as dirt).

The game I am referring to is Matrix's CMANO http://www.matrixgames.com/products/483/details/Command:.Modern.Air.Naval.Operations.

I have an investment in this game and forced to play by your rules and not allowed to state the facts. The fact is most of the stuff you charge for is not a full expansion. You justify the the upgrade yet not give all the benefits of the new upgrade (tank riders trying to sell it by historical rather then poor programming excuse).

Just cop to the real reason you want to nickel and dime for stuff that should be free. Most of that big list of reasons for making another $10.00 upgrade are bug fixes.

EA plays a better game of this then you with the Sims 3 but then again they are only fooling little girls mainly.

You go girl!

Send me a setup for CMANO! Let's do this! Oops single player only...

Thanks for posting in the right thread!

Bobo

Wrong- you just have to have equivalent. I can have as many versions of CM on my computer as I want and in any version level so theoretically I can PBEM anyone at any game level. You are being "blackmailed" by other players who think you whine too much and the upgrades are worth it - blame them

Sort of right - all software has "bugs" on day one. The tricky part is defining what is a bug and what is an engine limitation. BF has never charged to fix bugs- patches are free so now you are back to just being wrong... again

BF never tried to "justify" tank riders not being included because of doctrine. You need to stop confusing the forum and BF. What BF said was redoing all the models to allow tank riding in CMBN/CMFI was not cost effective right now- ie redoing all the models would take a lot more effort and time than the $10 would recoup. It is not out of the question it could come later as they do new models for example with the Bulge game. So yep wrong again...

So you think BFs labor should be free. Nice that you think they are a charity organization, but they aren't so you are .. well no surprise- wrong again

But hey keep trying! Sooner or later you are bound to make a valid point.... Most of us probably won't be alive then, but still

Wait a minute - Bobo is that you? Did you just create Daroc to keep this thread going - oh you sly little forumite!

Wrong- you just have to have equivalent. I can have as many

Wait a minute - Bobo is that you? Did you just create Daroc to keep this thread going - oh you sly little forumite!

Maybe I did, and maybe I diiiid....

NO OF COURSE NOT!

They say truth is stranger than fiction and that is bearing out here. I am not creative enough or have enough time to do what you propose.

Bobo

Wrong- you just have to have equivalent. I can have as many versions of CM on my computer as I want and in any version level so theoretically I can PBEM anyone at any game level. You are being "blackmailed" by other players who think you whine too much and the upgrades are worth it - blame them

Yes, technically someone can keep two copies of a game on their drive. On the other hand it isn't really a solution to the constant fragmentation of a already small playerbase.

This is a very real issue for CM that presents itself in the patches and modules.

As for tank riders, a number of beta testers (with the tag) were justifying it on the grounds of doctrine. While betas are volunteer they, to an extent, represent BFC.

BF never tried to "justify" tank riders not being included because of doctrine.

As I recall, it's a two-fer:

What BF said was redoing all the models to allow tank riding in CMBN/CMFI was not cost effective right now ...
... because tank riding was doctrinally - and actually - rare outside of the Russian front.

As I recall, it's a two-fer:

... because tank riding was doctrinally - and actually - rare outside of the Russian front.

True, but that is if you are referring to actual tank riding into combat as a practiced tactic. I don't think anyone on this forum would say.. okay maybe someone will... that infantry grabbing a ride on a tank never happened. One has only to look at the retreat from Noville by the 101st if one wants to quibble.

For BF, tank riders in CMRT was more or less a point where if they wanted to represent the capability they had to have a solution. Riding on tanks was never seen as really important enough for the amount of work required for the western front... and that might continue to be the case. I wouldn't be heartbroken about it if that were so.