Whine about CM costs thread. Post here!

bobo

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh… in $$$/minute of playing time, it isn't really even measurable.

Even if I add up CMBO, CMAK, CMBB, Battle for Normandy (PC and Mac), Commonwealth Forces, Market Garden, Fortress Italy, Gustav Line, and Red Thunder.

Compared to other "entertainment", it's a steal.

Yep. Just from the modding I did in CMSF, CMBN, and CMFI I have already gotten my monies worth. That's without the game play. I can remember that I did something involving CMBO for three years straight. I don't think I missed a day without loading it up.

As entertainment value goes, I can't think of any other purchase I have ever made that has brought me as much bang for the buck as a CM game. I think part of the attraction is there are so many ways to enjoy them; playing, modding, scenario design, testing various equipment, messing around in the editor, etc. The only thing it doesn't do is feed you...if it did a lot of us would look like Jabba the Hutt with a mouse.

Give me books, music, a computer, and Combat Mission and I am a happy Mord.

Mord.

I am, indeed. In all senses of the word. LOL.

I don't ask for much out of life...and it doesn't take much to make me happy. The smell of a brand new book, a cool autumn night, a clean sheet of paper, a brand new Bic mechanical pencil. I revel in the simple pleasures of life...anything else is icing.

Mord.

I am, indeed. In all senses of the word. LOL.

I don't ask for much out of life...and it doesn't take much to make me happy. The smell of a brand new book, a cool autumn night, a clean sheet of paper, a brand new Bic mechanical pencil. I revel in the simple pleasures of life...anything else is icing.

Mord.

If you got icing... you know you need :D

Toggle intro video, War Movie Mode ON and...

Among other things...

I do have exceptional toes, though...'least that's what my podiatrist tells me. Speaking of which, when did they add prostate exams to podiatry? I've now developed a limp that has nothing to do with my arches. Dr. Feelgood, my eye!

Mord.

Among other things...

I do have exceptional toes, though...'least that's what my podiatrist tells me. Speaking of which, when did they add prostate exams to podiatry? I've now developed a limp that has nothing to do with my arches. Dr. Feelgood, my eye!

Mord.

You want real fun, combine a prostrate check and a cystoscopy in the same visit. Just went through that in June. Most uncomfortable visit to Dr I have ever had. Oh and what really made it fun is my friggin doc has hands like a football player.

You want real fun, combine a prostrate check and a cystoscopy in the same visit. Just went through that in June. Most uncomfortable visit to Dr I have ever had. Oh and what really made it fun is my friggin doc has hands like a football player.

Like my Doc once told me, you only have to worry if you feel both of his hands on your waist.