How do i get a hold of Michael Dorosh (MikeyD)

I'm not sure its very 'nice' for us to be talking about this, even if the guy does seem to have had the long knives out for CM for years. This might be an inappropriate person to quote in Dorosh's defense but I believe it was Norman Bates who said "We all go a little mad sometime."

I agree. I was reluctant to provide the account I did and only did so because I feared that in its absence a lot of potentially damaging speculation might occur. Just for the record, I do not see myself as "morally superior" to Michael. In the past I have done stupid things under the influence of what I thought at the time was love, but hardly deserves that name. That I don't make the same kind of mistakes lately probably owes more to the easing of my endocrine system than any acquired wisdom. It is good to hear that he is performing well on other boards and I wish him all the happiness that life will afford him.

Michael

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael,

My last comment was just meant to be generally funny, rather than specifically mean towards MD. I really used to enjoy his posts on the ASL and CM forums. He was always cordial to me when our paths crossed in threads. His "meltdown" occurred while I was off the forums and TBH, I really know nothing about it. I do remember towards the end of my frequenting the ASL forum, that his previously friendly verbal jousting with the other forum heavyweights had taken on different, darker tone. Perhaps that was the beginning of his troubled period.

I actually don't see what the big deal about the dummy is. Sure, it's fun to use it for a joke now and again, but I don't have any genuine issues with it. The man is steeped in both military history and the wargaming hobby. Now, I wouldn't choose an SS uniform for my personal lounge jockey (sorry Ilsa!), but I don't see it as too unlike a huge Star Wars fan having a statue of Darth Vader in his display room. Now, if it was AH, that would be different...

Before we get too maudlin the guy is still an utter pain in the ass with an axe to grind every time BF releases product. That in itself is no particular reason to be banned. Hell superwoz fulfills that role quite nicely here. Still I am in no hurry to listen to his nonsense anymore than I have to every time I read a BF product review.

What?

Why are you thanking me?

What did I do???? :D

Oh, um ,hmm, brainfart. Somehow E8 and blazing 88s just got completely confused. at first I had no idea why you didnt know why I was thanking you. Now I see I meant to thank Blazing 88s.

Thank for filling me in on the story guys! I think it was better to say it than just having everybody not in the know speculating. I think I had asked once before long ago before the wounds had healed and noone would say a word on it lol.

Its kind of funny tho how there is this group of people who've been banned from here but end up in all other places cm ever gets mentioned to put in a bad word lol

Most of the truly sordid stuff played out in the Peng Thread which is why some of you old timers may have missed the drama as it went down. The public stuff was interesting to say the least, what went on off line probably could have created its own reality show, but I can't speak with any knowledge to that.

Dorosh was a wealth of information, he has his own wargaming website and another that pays tribute to the sacrifices made by Canadian troops during WW2. Usually smart people are just a bit off kilter, take Emrys for example.

AH! the Peng thread! that explains everything.... lol

Edit to add. maybe the Peng thread doesnt count as the real forum and anything on it isnt really public and now that he's had more than enough time to heal fom his love wounds and repent making a big internet stink about it he could be unbanned... I always thought he helped the discussions around here and it seems good to reduce the number of people who love the game but are so pissed they find every opportunity to talk smack about it. Most banned people I think should stay banned but his thing always seems just like a once off freak out from a basically really good forum contributor (not that it isnt a little nuts about the dummy :D but it takes all kinds, I'm not one to judge) not my forum or even place to be talking about it but I'd welcome him back.

Dorosh was a wealth of information, ...

Perhaps, but that needs to be balanced against his militant ignorance.

For example: he excoriated BFC in several 'reviews' of CMBN because the Nashorn wasn't included in the game, which meant he couldn't do a literal translation of an ASL scenario. Reality, however, is on BFCs side - there were no Nashorns in NWE in the CMBN-CW-MG timeframe.

For example: he has excoriated BFC in several recent reviews of CMRT because the Russian manpack flamethrower is 'just a rifle, they didn't bother to model the actual weapon.' Reality, however, is once again on BFCs side. The Russians went to considerable effort to disguise their flamethrower as a rifle to try and keep the operators a bit safer.

Dorosh may be knowledgeable, but wisdom comes from the humility of realising what you don't know, and that other experts probably know more about a given topic than you.

If you look in the Archives you can find posts from Dorosh as far back as Jan 2001. I'm pretty sure he was around before that too. I have no idea why the forum join date shows 2007 apart from it being a forum glitch. There were two major crashes in 2000 that wiped out a lot of accounts.

Yeah, something happened a few years ago that reset a lot of people's "join dates". Mine was affected too. I had been very proud to be Forum Member 152. When they switched to dates instead of member numbers, they adjusted my date for me.

"wisdom comes from the humility of realising what you don't know"

Proof positive that JonS is very far from wise by his own standards...

But then we knew that.

Humility for export - isn't. Just like friendly fire - isn't.

Kind of a left-handed compliment, I agree. Knowing the size of his head you are probably right.

Just so you know, for future reference and all, Emrys' head is just one or two compliments away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis.

So if we all get flanged off the planet, we'll be eye ballin' you, lad.

Aquatica,

Though this isn't your first post, despite the New Math evidently in use by PanzerMike, welcome aboard!

akd,

While that doesn't quite rise to making you an Evil Genius, I do find your suggestion delightfully twisted and beneficial to BFC and us!

PanzerMike,

Sounds as though you're discriminating against purloined lupins! Also, what does a viola have to do with sending an E-mail?!

Nidan1,

I believe you'll find this speaks directly to part of your sig. "Life is hard," by a group you might like after listening to this song.

Boo Radley,

I believe this is a Forum first--combining celestial mechanics, rotational dynamics of a prolapse spheroid and skull size!

Regards,

John Kettler

Is the the Peng thread spilling over into another thread again? Back! Back I say. On the otherhand this thread may force Steve to make an appearance just to lock it and prove the Battlefront team are not on a drinking binge somewhere in Brazil.

Is the the Peng thread spilling over into another thread again? Back! Back I say. On the otherhand this thread may force Steve to make an appearance just to lock it and prove the Battlefront team are not on a drinking binge somewhere in Brazil.

Aha...a sneaky way to get Steve posting again? :)

I'd be surprised if it didn't get locked up. If for no other reason than because Dorosh can't respond. I've resisted comment for that reason. Although I will say, for those asking for his return, Dorosh came by his banning honestly.

Usually smart people are just a bit off kilter, take Emrys for example.

Hey, buddy! That statement is...is...pretty accurate actually. It would be even more accurate if the words "really, really" were inserted between the first and second words, however.

:D

Michael

...now that he's had more than enough time to heal fom his love wounds and repent making a big internet stink about it he could be unbanned...

Not gonna happen. I meant it when I said that BFC had nailed the door shut. They have been very firm about not unbanning people, including some with a better claim for coming back than Dorosh. Too bad, but it's a good reason to keep the vitriol under control. There are times when it's better to just walk away from your computer and go clean out the garage, chop firewood, or something.

Michael

“I actually don't see what the big deal about the dummy is.”

A “old friend” from years ago now… stored his life size Darth Vader coiffed mannequin, holding a lifelike monkey / bird feeder hanging from a rope on Darth Vader’s arm with assorted candies in the bird feeder tray… very near his front door window. When the doorbell rang, he enjoyed slowly pulling the curtains aside so D.V. and his Monkey could greet the visitor with candies.

He was a medical practitioner specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.

Not gonna happen. I meant it when I said that BFC had nailed the door shut. They have been very firm about not unbanning people, including some with a better claim for coming back than Dorosh. Too bad, but it's a good reason to keep the vitriol under control. There are times when it's better to just walk away from your computer and go clean out the garage, chop firewood, or something.

Michael

There have been a coupla/few people who have been unbanned. The first name that pops into my head is Fionn. Unfortunately that didn't end well.