Sign in to follow this  
Apocal

MG installation problem.

OK, I applied MG over a CMBN+CW 2.12 install, now my forces and units are mixed up with Ural-375s and other CMSF-specific stuff.

What did I do wrong? Any way to fix this?

I think the reason you are seeing these things because you applied the patches wrong.

I think MG should be applied after you upgraded to version 2.0.

I just Installed a second install. and I applied MG after upgrading to Ver 2.00.

I hope more experience tech players can help you.

Have a good one

Lane

I think the reason you are seeing these things because you applied the patches wrong.

I think MG should be applied after you upgraded to version 2.0.

I just Installed a second install. and I applied MG after upgrading to Ver 2.00.

I hope more experience tech players can help you.

Have a good one

Lane

That is the order I used.

I had CMBN+CW. Then I applied 2.0 upgrade and patched to 2.12. After a few months, I've finally bought MG and installed it. Stuff is wonky.

ah i see, thank you. So reinstall is the only solution?

From what I have read on the forum reinstall is the best(probably the only) solution.

That fixed it. Seems a bit weird the default installation of a module would cause problems and require a complete re-installation of the base game and patches.

Oddly enough I now have the same problem.

Tried installing CMBN + CW + MG on my new PC and checking after each install of a patch or module everything goes smoothly right up to the MG installation. Everything loads as expected.

Then comes the 2.12 patch and MG no longer loads for some reason.

I have the same issue as Ellros and Maarten after I bought CW and MG to add to CMBN.

After uninstalling CMBN, I followed these steps to the letter:

(1) CMBN

(2) Commonwealth Module

(3) V 1.11 Patch

(4) CMBN 2.0 Upgrade activate using CMBN 2.0 license

(5) Market Garden Module activate using MG license

(6) V 2.12 Patch

And now MG is not activated after the 2.12 patch. It was activated after step 5 showing CMBN with both modules at version 2.10.

Update: I uninstalled CMBN and started from a clean state again. Did the below steps, but this time I did not activate until after the 2.12 patch and again MG is not activated even though I'm using the MG license I got. It seems like installing the 2.12 patch breaks the MG activation for me even though the activation UI says that everything is unlocked.

(1) CMBN

(2) Commonwealth Module

(3) V 1.11 Patch

(4) CMBN 2.0 Upgrade

(5) Market Garden Module

(6) V 2.12 Patch activate using MG license

I have the same issue as Ellros and Maarten after I bought CW and MG to add to CMBN.

After uninstalling CMBN, I followed these steps to the letter:

(1) CMBN

(2) Commonwealth Module

(3) V 1.11 Patch

(4) CMBN 2.0 Upgrade activate using CMBN 2.0 license

(5) Market Garden Module activate using MG license

(6) V 2.12 Patch

And now MG is not activated after the 2.12 patch. It was activated after step 5 showing CMBN with both modules at version 2.10.

Update: I uninstalled CMBN and started from a clean state again. Did the below steps, but this time I did not activate until after the 2.12 patch and again MG is not activated even though I'm using the MG license I got. It seems like installing the 2.12 patch breaks the MG activation for me even though the activation UI says that everything is unlocked.

(1) CMBN

(2) Commonwealth Module

(3) V 1.11 Patch

(4) CMBN 2.0 Upgrade

(5) Market Garden Module

(6) V 2.12 Patch activate using MG license

Exactly! I did the same steps you did. Both of them. It has to be something with the 2.12 patch. It says the 2.12 patch is "all inclusive", but maybe it's not?

Currently re-installing again, but now I am going through 2.11 instead of straight from 2.10 to 2.12. I'll let you know how things turn out.

Edit 1: something is definitely going on with the CMBN MG registration system. I just installed MG. After every patch and module install I could just launch the game without having to activate just as if it was already activated. This might be something in the windows registry or maybe something on BFC's side of things. Anyway the game remembered the activation on this machine.

Then comes Market Garden 2.10. I again launch the game without registering and the MG module won't load. I activate the module and relaunch and it now loads properly. Still at 2.10 though, onwards to 2.11.

Edit 2: 2.11 seems to work. Everything loads properly I backed up 2.10 just in case. Doing the same for 2.11.

Edit 3: Patched up to 2.12 aaand... no Market Garden... :(

I'm guessing there is something in the 2.12 exe part that loads the various modules, but skips the MG load. But that would suggest more people should have problems with it. Surely we can't be the only ones? Or has everyone else moved on to the Eastern front?

I too also installed everything from scratch right up to MG and everything is fine now at v2.10. I'm making a backup copy of the CMBN folder so I don't have to go through the install process again.

I have a support ticket open so I'll update this thread when this gets resolved for me.

I too also installed everything from scratch right up to MG and everything is fine now at v2.10. I'm making a backup copy of the CMBN folder so I don't have to go through the install process again.

I have a support ticket open so I'll update this thread when this gets resolved for me.

Having the same problem. Install procedure followed correctly, MG works up until 2.10, 2.12 shows no MG installed even though it was as confirmed as being activated.

Not trying to rush anyone, but has there been any progress on isolating the issue? I can provide more screenshots of anything/at any stage as necessary.

Tried different items including shutting down my Avast antivirus software and also modifying the Windows 7 Data Execution Prevention settings to no avail. Just weird that something is preventing 2.12 from running the MG module executable. Everything works fine with 2.10.

I already have CMBN + CW + 2.0 ( all by Mail ) + 2.12 patch...Just ordered MG ( mail ), and hope I don't have the same issues as many others.

Joe

Sign in to follow this