Would like to see tanks felling trees and going through houses...

It's a fair point, but we also have the rhino attachment that we can use to bust bocage even though it will quickly immobilise the tank. Surely someone decided that the risk was sometimes worth it.

I wasn't aware that using the rhino would "quickly immobilise" the tank irl - and I've not used it enough in game to know either ( since I usually play "the other side" ;) but I have to say, in RT I've learned the joyful glee of the "horde" attack :D ).

But even then, as I understand it, the Rhino was an expedient for a very specific terrain problem. So yeah, in that case, the risk clearly was worth it - but the decision to accept the risk and its usage was decided at a higher level than that of the individual tanker.

I wasn't aware that using the rhino would "quickly immobilise" the tank irl - and I've not used it enough in game to know either

In my experience with the game, you get to bust around three holes in the bocage, give or take, before your tank is completely immobilised. After the second breach the tracks are often heavily damaged. This is with the tank going through the bocage on "slow" movement. I do not know if this limited use is because of realism or game balance.

But even then, as I understand it, the Rhino was an expedient for a very specific terrain problem. So yeah, in that case, the risk clearly was worth it - but the decision to accept the risk and its usage was decided at a higher level than that of the individual tanker.

As players, we play the role of every level of command between Team Leader and Colonel. I don't know if that would be sufficient to order a tank to risk getting stuck, but it seems it is enough for ordering hundreds of soldiers through minefields into machinegun fire :)

Besides, there are many stories from the war about soldiers displaying great initiative, getting the job done with what the tools they had.

I understand that the video I posted in this thread was propaganda, and that it was not usually done. But if it could be done, I think it should be possible in the game, too - with the associated risks. I'm not asking for tanks to go "full convoy" :)