[Released] Veins Germans RT

......... I promise I won't upload any more mods :)

Sadly this is how it ends for the ppl who enjoy and treasure those mods - someones butthurt spoils it for everybody - why not keep it to PM at first instead of assaulting ones (Veins) character frontally on the board ?

Pls Vein don't stop, mate - your mods are freaking fantastic !

Sadly this is how it ends for the ppl who enjoy and treasure those mods - someones butthurt spoils it for everybody - why not keep it to PM at first instead of assaulting ones (Veins) character frontally on the board ?

Pls Vein don't stop, mate - your mods are freaking fantastic !

I might be wrong, but I don't think anyone has actually.

EZ was a but upset, but I don't think he went overboard in complaining. Nor do I think he ever demanded that Vein remove them.

Vein did jump to that conclusion himself tho, in a somewhat passive-agressive and defensive post, but I don't think he meant any offense either.

No conclusion jumped to. I have not removed them and won't unless EZ wants them removed.

EZ asked a reasonable question. The only slightly irritating bit was the 'other people on the forum' bit. As if I needed to defend myself to the forum at large.

I will still release things if people want them but by dropbox to avoid this sort of thing (which is why they weren't released to start with).

As to what's in V2? Various normal map corrections and a few helmet changes I think. Can't remember. I only called it V2 because I couldn't update the original. It's really just a slightly better version1 (although I have pretty much changed things again since V2).

I hope you and EZ can sort it out. Must admit someone once used something I'd modded and they got compliments for that very bit when they uploaded their mod. I really wouldn't mind if I'd been asked. So it can be very annoying. Still I think this was an honest oversight.

Shake hands and make up:)

UPDATE

Okey dokey.

Someone asked if they could have my latest germs for RT but I had to empty my pms. So if you send me a pm again I have some links for you:

Packs

1. Updated germans for RT and CMBN - wholesale tweaks and updates.

2. Updated soviets - mostly mixing in more greenish browns to the infantry.

3. SS Totenkopf renamed for CMBN - as many of you were intending on doing it yourself.

4. Tagged Totenkopf for scenario makers - you can use them in any CM game. These are the same as the first post.

If you want any of them pm me with which link numbers you want e.g. 1, 3.

I'd advise you to look through the files before you delete the old ones as you may want to mix and match. E.g. the faces are more saturated now, the smocks more aged and faded, some of the helmets may have been dropped/replaced (like the tan & water field made helmet was swapped out for another splinter).

Nope.

As far as I am concerned I am now sharing my personal mods with friends.

I have absolutely no plans to write a whole readme novel that no-one will look at that says things like: 'Used the cord tie from EZ's 3rd smock on my 2nd smock, used the base of EZ's 4th smock but changed creases and saturation and added weathering on my 4th smock...' and do this for every possible usage of other's work.

Do I then credit every photographer's work I have used in this way, every website? After all it would be rude not to...

As I have said: if EZ asks me to remove the V2 germans from CMMODS I will (it's redundant now anyway).

Considering mods are by definition the modified work of others i.e. the wonderful Battlefront team's textures, uv mapping etc., I am finding this puritanical attitude quite churlish.

Nope.

As far as I am concerned I am now sharing my personal mods with friends.

I have absolutely no plans to write a whole readme novel that no-one will look at that says things like: 'Used the cord tie from EZ's 3rd smock on my 2nd smock, used the base of EZ's 4th smock but changed creases and saturation and added weathering on my 4th smock...' and do this for every possible usage of other's work.

Do I then credit every photographer's work I have used in this way, every website? After all it would be rude not to...

As I have said: if EZ asks me to remove the V2 germans from CMMODS I will (it's redundant now anyway).

Considering mods are by definition the modified work of others i.e. the wonderful Battlefront team's textures, uv mapping etc., I am finding this puritanical attitude quite churlish.

Actually, I think EZ would be satisfied with a "I have used some assets from EZ's mods" mention.

You don't have to make a long list of the exact stuff you used.

I think you are blowing this out of proportion, which is why I wish EZ would comment on this.

I havent download your mod , but did you give hem hes credit?

At the time, he didn't even know which mod it was.

When you are making stuff for personal use it's easy to lose track of which mods you have included, so I don't blame him.

He did, however, say that it was based partially on someone elses excellent work but that he didn't remember which.

After it was determined to be EZ's work I think EZ would have been satisfied with a mention of that, nothing more.

This whole thing seems to have escalated far too much.

From EZ's comments it feels like he is just surprised that someone used his work without asking for permission and wants an explanation as to why (and if this is now common since it wasn't back in the earlier days of CM modding).

I haven't seen him demand that Vein remove the mods, I haven't seen him demand anything actually. Other than an explanation.

It seems that Vein, however, took this as an offense and became very aggitated over it.

So again, I think an answer from EZ would help here.

(unless of course EZ has PM'd Vein)

I'm pretty sure I have already stated I have used bits of EZs mod (although those bits are getting less with every iteration).

However:

I have used bits of EZs mod on some on some of my Germans. :eek:

There you go.

I get the feeling that some people like to post just for something to say. No-one is blowing anything out of proportion except you guys who are harping on about it.

There is NO escalation. To avoid the chance that someone might not want their work uploaded without credit (as I have explained, at length - if I do it for one I have to do it for all), I will release privately by dropbox.

To clarify one last time.

EZ asked a fair and reasonable question. I think a private email would have been better but no worries. I answered. I have refrained from public posting of mods. I have NOT removed any mods.

EZ and I may have differing opinions on what mods are and what they are for but that doesn't detract form the fact that he is an excellent, hard working modder who is free to do as he pleases with them. And I am free to do as I please with mine. To release them as I am now removes ANY chance that someone may take umbrage at my usage of their mods.

I repeat: there is NO escalation or blowing out of proportion by me. I wasn't going to release the mods originally for this very reason (some of the work was years old). So I have found a BETTER way for those who want my work to still get it.

Perhaps English isn't your first language so you're getting a bit turned around. The situation irritates me because I saw it coming. EZ only irritated me a TEENY bit by publicly calling me rude and asking me to defend myself to the forum at large when a PM would have been more appropriate.

Now just let it drop. If EZ wants me to remove the CMMOD I will. Other than that I really don't think there's any more to say about it. It's really boring the crap out of me, and I'd image almost everyone else. If you guys want some drama go and watch a soap or something. :rolleyes:

Edit: Actually I've just removed the mod from CMMODS. It's out of date anyway. That closes this topic for good. :P

I still consider your actions and words to be blowing things out of proportion, but since you don't want to discuss this any further, I'll leave it be.

I'll just add that you seem to be misenterpreting me but as you do not want to talk about it there is no point trying to explain myself either.

If you want to take the grumpy way, act like a victim and never release a mod publically again because of this little incident, so be it. It's your choice.

I think the best thing now is for Vein and EZ to continue their discussion via PM, if anything else needs to be discussed.

I also think it may be wise for the rest of us not to comment further, because it seems to be fanning the flames.

I do not wish to see either of these two marvellous modders to stop contributing to the site.

Awesome looking work as usual Vein! When I click on the link to download the page is not coming up "not found". I also don't see this mod over at GaJ's to download. Can you please double check the link. I would like to use this mod. Thanks.

Awesome looking work as usual Vein! When I click on the link to download the page is not coming up "not found". I also don't see this mod over at GaJ's to download. Can you please double check the link. I would like to use this mod. Thanks.

Check your PM