Why are my units always weak?

Hi Falkenhayn

As well as supply, the two other main factors are their strength and also if they are supported by HQs.

Enemy artillery pounding them will also reduce their morale and readiness, not always reducing their strength so that could be a factor - though wouldn't be a reason across the board as no one ever has enough artillery.

I hope that some of these reasons might help explain it?

Bill

It helps yes, I should have been more specific. It seems when mhy units are advancing they become weak even without being fired upon by artillery.

The biggest problem I have is that I just don't know how to get them back to strength. I know how to reinforce them, but not how to get the number at the bottom from being faint and make it bold again.

When my units advance their number at the bottom becomes faint I would like to know how the heck to reverse that. Also how do I use the hq? I try to move it close to the subordinate units as much as I can and I thought that would help but nothing seems to being them back to strength and I don't have any idea how to increase readiness and morale either.

The scenario that I have been trying to cut my teeth on is the First Balkan War. I am relatively familiar with the Panzer General system but I only recently got into this genre and have no previous knowledge of wargaming apart from AGEOD titles which aren't hex based and are different.

In general I try to use artillery to pound the enemy units then attack them but in so many cases I can't dislodge let alone destroy enemy units.

If you can help me understand that I will be very grateful :D

I want to learn this game bc it's absolutely the best Great War title I've ever seen and very likely best wargame in general I've played.

Thanks!

I've browsed the whole thread and read the manual, I just can't get my offensives to work. I guess I'm looking for some in depth advice or step by step, I get the big picture and I've been trying many different scenarios but even at the novice difficulty I can't win.