M-GUN CAN KILL SHERMAN?????

W583

I WAS PLAYING LAST DEFENCE WITH ALLIE.... AND I DESTORY ALL GERMAN

TANKS

(EVEN THE TIGER --DAM THING KILL TWO OF MY SHERMAN)

BUT I HAVEN'T KILL ANY OF THE HALFTRACK

SO I SEND MY LAST SHERMAN TO KNOCK THEM OUT

BEFORE THEY GET THE TROOPS OFF (GET SOME KILLS) BUT THE DAM AI GOT ALL

OF THEIR TROOPS OFF BEFORE I EVEN GET A SHOT AND THEY MOVE IN TOWARD

MY TANK..... (I THOUGHT THE AI WENT NUTS) BUT IT TURN OUT THEIR M-GUN

KNOK MY SHERMAN OUT

AND I REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW IN THE WORLD DID THAT HAPPEN

M-GUN CAN KILL TANKS IN CLOSE RANGE??? BECAUSE THERE IS NO TROOPS

OR PENZERCHECK AROUND 300M

DIDN'T KNOW THE HALFTRACK GOT GRENADE ??

COZ IT IS THE HALFTRACK THAT KILL MY HELLCAT AND

THE TROOPS IN THE HALFTRACK ARE DROP OFF FAR FAR AWAY BEFORE THEY

GOT TO MY HELLCAT

AND I DONT KNOW

MAYBE U ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE ANGLE OF MG SHOOTING IT

BUT HOW COME WHEN IT WAS ABANDON IT SAID

''FRONT UPPER HULL PENETRATION

KNOCK OUT''

I would guess that your Hellcat didn't spot a hidden squad with some anti-tank weapons to get a "hull penetration" hit like that. Remember, if you haven't spotted the unit, you WON'T (to borrow the caps-lock for a second) see a targeting line from the unit to your tank. Good FoW !! So while the HT was firing (you no doubt saw its target line), the HT didn't get that kill.

citizen

W583,

Ah WELCOME TO FOG OF WAR wink.gif hehe wink.gif

Combat Mission is quite unlike CLose Combat or other such games which it seems you have played. In Combat Mission infantry are VERY hard to spot from tanks unless you are careful.

For the Hellcat to have a "Front Upper Hull Penetration" the Hellcat must have been hit by a Panzerfaust from a nearby, hidden German infantry squad.

Tell me, within about 20 or 30 metres of the front of the Hellcat there was a house, or some trees or a possible German infantry unit right?

I don't know if a HT could hit a weak spot and penetrate the front armour of the Hellcat (which is pretty damn thin remember) but I'm willing to guess that a hidden, and thus invisible, German unit popped the Hellcat.

BTW W583 on forums and usenet using all Caps is akin to shouting. I use Caps far too much since I like to emphasise words to ensure my meaning gets across but even still I'm lucky to emphasise 1 in 20 words wink.gif... Typing without caps is much better netiquette wink.gif. No offence meant I'm just giving you a tip to help your entry into the forum along a little wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Sorry for the cap.

I got a bug from system 9 (mac os)

just making things clear

my hellcat (the only one left) was still on part of the high ground where the reinforcement came in

and the house are that are closest are full of my troops

There is a forest close to there but there is no way the german could of craw/sneak all the way in 13 turn because my defence is still holding at the front where the wheat feild is....

Guest Big Time Software

Hello W583. I'm sure you got picked off by one of the enemy tanks, but you just didn't see it. The full level of FoW can do that to you sometimes. In fact, I lost a Sherman last night to what I *thought* was a StuG but was in fact a Panzerschreck. I found this out because another tank crested a hill and found the only surving StuG out of LOS of my now dead Sherman. The way the code works there is no way that any MG fire could have done a "penetration" of a Hellcat.

Steve

and the German ht is are the only thing that got in from the road (they must of use move fast)

and the troops inside are drop off before they pass my defence.....

I am not use

maybe it's a bug or maybe ht mgun shoot my hellcat weakness and blow it up

coz it is burning after it is knock out

and the enemy fire line is from the ht I replay it few times to make sure

Jason,

Uh.. UUB code eh? Thou forgetest my complete lack of technical ability or anything remotely related to html (plus I'm too damned lazy to learn it wink.gif ).

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Mikeman, I'm glad you found the UBB codes.

Now you can <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>quote<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> with the best of them and provide links to all sorts of sites.

You can even put your email address, guachi@wtp.net so people can send you email about setting up a PBEM game.

Fionn, the UBB codes really are simple. Just click on the UBB code link at the bottom of the posting screen and it will explain them.

Jason

[This message has been edited by guachi (edited 11-25-99).]

I had something smilar happening.

I decided to do a bit of TESTING on the last defence map, so i ran up all my tanks up to hill where the hellcatts appear (man those bazooka rounds where flying...)

I parked the 2 stugs to the sides of the road, some 50m. The tiger way back as far as it could be done, against the edge of the map. Then I waited.

Just before they came I saved. (so i could do it several times over).

what then happens is one of the shortest battles to see :), once the nahverteidigungs-weapons on the Tiger, caused a Hellat to be abandoned.

(very nice)

thus onto they MG thingy, over the 30+ tests I ran, this happened only once.

The moment the turn started, 2 of 3 hellcats fired at one stug with their 50cal. (not the main cannons!!!!, they where still turning). (approx 50m, and no infantery near it!!!)

After a while I wondered why the stug hadn't fired it main gun yet.

I replayed ita few times , and yes, his main gun was damaged, done by 50 cal.

maybe a lucky hit on the optics?

S.

Silencer , that is close to what happen to my hellcat

my tank is on a higher ground but tilled / like this so the gun is aiming at the ground if at the begininng of the turn and the since the tank is open top i think the HT hit the tank at a spot that would kill it (maybe the ammo)

thanks for pointing it out for me

it is very hard for me to put explain it out